Chapter 25: The One With Needles

Start from the beginning

I quickly searched her pockets and took out the bottle of Wolfsbane. I injected the needle in it and filled it. I probably took too big a dose but oh well, not my problem. 

I took a running start and jumped on one of the wolf's back before sticking the needle in the sensitive part behind the ear. Once he fell flat, I refilled it and jumped into another wolf before doing the same. I think they were a bit busy fighting the wolves that were the same size as they were to notice this crazy little naked woman injecting their friends. 

There was only one left since Logan had taken the rest of them down and was now unconscious, I could still see his chest moving up and down. Some part of me sighed in relief when I felt he was still alive but it was not the time to slow down. 

The remaining wolf started to growl at me, he was going to attack me but a wolf got in his way. The wolf pushed him into a tree and bit his neck until he was limp and on the grass.

Megan shifted back and sent me a wink. "Now we're even" She said with a smile which I returned. I guess we're even for today, but let's not forget EVERYTHING ELSE. 

"Is he okay?" She asked and pointed to Logan. I wasted no time and sat down next to him and placed his head in my lap.

"Yeah, he's just knocked out" I said and she nodded.

"Why aren't you in your wolf form?" She asked and I didn't know why she was still here.

"Because she gave me Wolfsbane" I pointed to her and Megan walked over to her and took off the dress she had on before throwing it to me.

That's when I noticed we were both naked. In the middle of combat stuff like lack of clothing was the least of our concern. I set Logan gently on the ground and put on the dress, since she was taller than me it was bigger but it still was better than fighting with the grass sticking into your bare skin.

"Thanks" I said before she shifted back and running to the other wolves.

"Logan please wake up" I said softly to him and placed a kiss on his cheek. I touched the back of his head and touched a sticky substance. I knew exactly what it was. Blood.

"Please, be all right. Please don't leave me" I knew he wasn't dead but they are still other things that could happen with him. I could lose my mate in so many ways that aren't just death. 

I started stroking his hair as I watched our packs defeat the rouges. They were just a handful of rouges but they were being defeated and it was very clear. They didn't need my help, especially with the wolfsbane running through my system. 

I could feel it in my body but I somehow found a way to not acknowledge it anymore, the effects were still there though. 

"What's going on?" A voice said and I immediately looked at Logan who was trying to get up.

"Take it easy, you're bleeding" I said to him as I leaned back to the tree. At least he wasn't in a coma or something like that.

He touched the back of his head where he had blood. "Well that hurt" He said and started to look around the wolves and then turned to look at me.

"What happened here? Whose clothes are you wearing?" He asked smelling the dress.

"Well she gave me wolfsbane so I returned the favor and gave it to a few of her friends too" I said to him and he lifted my chin, making me look at him.

"The remaining rouges escaped and the unconscious ones are being detained. We won" He said with a smile, I guess they mindlinked him. On the contrary I have a mental brick wall between myself and my wolf. Just like I was just human again. Just when I had started to forget how that felt, great. 

"Hey, don't worry it will all leave your system in no time. At least your wolf cells are strong and you haven't been knocked out like them" He pointed to the people on the floor.

Our pack walked into where we were and started handcuffing the rouges on the floor and taking them away.

I guess we really had won. Some part of me didn't think it could be so easy to beat them but I'm just over thinking myself as always. Let me just celebrate and not ruin it for myself. Accept the wins and forget about what could've been. 

"Come on, I'm in desperate need of a shower and some clothes" How can I keep not acknowledging the fact that people are naked?

He took a piece of one of the shirts that were ripped on the floor and covered himself. I went to one of the trees that had clothes on the bottom and took out a pair of pants. They were definitely too big for him but I guess that's better than him walking around with his male genitalia out.

I gave it to him and turned around. He chuckled before taking my hand.

"It's okay, I already have my pants on" He said and I finally turned around. "Come on, maybe that shower can get you a good night's sleep" He said and interlocked our hands.

We walked to the house but stopped along the way to help a couple of people and grabbed my necklace on the way before finally arriving at the house where we were staying at. 

I was the first to take a shower. I even threw out the dress that I had on so I wouldn't be reminded of it. It was an ugly dress anyway. 

As I put on comfortable clothes I looked in the mirror and started to brush my hair. But I noticed something strange when I went to make a ponytail. Right in the middle, almost unnoticeable was a patch of silver hair. The exact color as my fur. Well shit, another thing that happens to my body. 

I left the bathroom and went towards Logan with the chunk of hair in hand but he was looking at me like someone had just died. Also on a totally unrelated note, I could see the bandage on his head so he went to medical. But right now I was just concentrating on the look on his face.

Oh my god, did someone die?

"Logan, what happened?" I asked him letting my hair alone.

"Lily" He trailed off.

"Logan, tell me now" I said.

"The rouges didn't leave because we had won, but because they got what they came for" He said. Why is he delaying this so much?

"Logan, just tell me what they took" I said desperate.

"Lily, they took Austin"

"You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest and most beautiful person I have ever known - and even that is an understatement"

- F. Scott Fitzgerald