Chapter 25: The One With Needles

After saving Megan from being slaughtered,, I continued to attack rouges. It was fairly easy since most of them were preoccupied attacking our packs. And their smells were very distinctive and stands out from the others. 

What did we ever do to them anyway for them to attack us so persistent? We leave them alone when they are in between borders and we don't even round them up like they used to in previous years. The packs are basically letting them live their lives without disturbance. 

I felt someone running towards me. The dirt beneath my feet seemed to lightly lift from the ground and all the danger receptors were in full alert; so before he could jump on me I grabbed them, bit them and put them on the ground.

I don't know how long it lasted but all I did was attack rouges after rouges and help our people out.

I don't know what made me turn and look, but something was bugging me about deep into the woods.  After focusing my sight I finally saw Logan being cornered by 8 wolves, give or take. And not like the ones that attacked Megan, these were big wolves, I think they were the biggest they had and they had pinned them all on my mate.

They planned this well, they know an Alpha can take at least 4 normal wolves at once but pinning the double and more skilled wolves on him was simply genius. They had to at least analyzed the situation.

I quickly ran over him but was interrupted by 2 wolves who were blocking my access to him.

Wow, they thought this through. What they didn't thought about was that I would be there to help out my mate whenever he needed it. Especially now that he was in actual life or death danger. 

I started fighting the two wolves who rudely interrupted my rescue and put them in the ground rather quickly. I started walking towards Logan when I heard him cry out in pain.

That distracted me for a second, but apparently that second was long enough for someone to come behind me and inject a needle in my neck. Before I knew it, it released the thick liquid into my bloodstream.

I immediately recognized the wolfsbane as it made me painfully shift back into my human form. I had a layer of sweat in my body and it was very hard to move. I could feel the liquid moving through my bloodstream. Let's just say this isn't a very pleasant feeling. 

I heard Logan cry out for me but I couldn't respond. The woman who had been the cause of my pain then moved on towards Logan. The thought of Logan being in the same pain I am currently feeling motivated me and made my body want to get out and help. 

I quickly started to move my limbs, with every ounce of strength I had on my body I managed to stand up and growl at her. I'm pretty confident that the pain is masked pretty well behind my anger and straight down need to have this women's body beneath  my feet. 

She looked back surprised and quickly went to give me another dose but this time I wasn't distracted, even though I was a little weak. I still had training in my human self and I was stronger then normal so I didn't have that much of a disadvantage. The one that had bad luck was her because she just pissed off the wrong Luna.

Before she could actually inject me again, I slid on the floor ignoring how I was naked because you know Adrenaline was kicking in and kicked her in the knees so fast that she didn't see it until it was too late. 

She dropped to the ground and I grabbed the needle from her hand. She tried to fight me but it was not worth it. I took the needle and planted it into her arm and let the liquid flow into her. I smiled a bit seeing her flinch in pain.