A Letter of Impatience [Part 1]

Start from the beginning

"Well... If you could turn those pretty eyes to mine, maybe I might actually tell you." He said. Pretty eyes? Is this guy lame or what? Is that what people call being cool, 'cause it seemed pretty cheesy and disgusting to me. I wasn't going to look up at this guy. I leaned against the wall, checking the time on my watch. 

I was tired and therefore I was grumpy. The coffee in my hand was still untouched. Not even a drop entered my system. Honestly the effect of caffine would never get to me in the first hour, but again it worked just the same afterwards. I drank a sip, looking straight at the ground. 

"No. I don't think I want to hear you talk then." I said in a plain annoyed voice. Who said, coffee has to be drunk sip by sip. The next minute I gulped down the whole cup of coffee. There was a trash can at the side. Normally when people say you don't want to talk or look at another person, the other person would do the SMART thing and go away. But I still found him standing right in front of me without a word of reasoning. 

Meanwhile...

Afsar searched every place he'd normally see Samaar, but he still hadn't found her. In his hand, he was holding a light white envelope with Samaar's name on it. 

If I don't find her today, he'll kill me. He thought to himself. Where is she anyways? She should be here. 

"Um, excuse me?" Afsar asked a random person who seemed like she was a part of the MSA. She turned to Afsar after talking to her friends. He recognized her from one of his classes. Samaar was also in the same class as both Afsar and this girl. 

"Yes?" She asked.  

"Do you know a girl named Samaar?" Afsar asked the girl with impatience in his voice. 

"Yeah. She's he girl in our chemistry class, right?" He nodded.

"Have you seen her around here?" The girl nodded as she pointed towards the library. 

"Thanks." Afsar smiled, and walked away really quickly. 

Samaar's POV

"I have to go." I said, realizing the situation felt even more dangerous because he was staring at me... places I wouldn't want to be stared at. 

"You seem like a good girl... And I guess I'm tired of going after girls that give in easily." He said quietly. I stopped leaning against the wall because suddenly I had that extra amount of energy to do so. But no... who knew it could only take ten seconds to push a girl against a wall and literally dig their face right next to her ears. It all happened so quick that I felt shivers down my back. I didn't want to be here.  I stopped breathing. I wasn't going to cry. I wasn't. "If only you had listened to me. I wouldn't have to be holding you down." I could feel his voice vibrate onto my hijab. 

"Let go." The words slipped out of my throat as fast as a sword could slash someone's flesh. 

"Why?" He said in a playful voice. I used all the force in my body and pushed him away from me. He was off of me, but he wasn't away from me. 

"Fear Allah." I glared at him and threw the coffee cup at him. And I started walking away. I couldn't get Khatirah out of my head. He was still walking beside me. "What exactly do you want?" I asked not stopping or looking at him. The only feature I could recognize him by was his light brown, not too long, curly hair. The sun would occasionally shine through it when we passed by the sunniest windows in the hallway. I was full of energy.. and also full of anger. No guy has ever touched me that way... not even my own husband. If he did anything to spark the violence out of me, I won't hold back.

But than again the strongest person isn't the one who is able to overpower others but those who can control themselves when they get angry. That's what Islam teaches and I hope I can become a strong person. But right now... I wasn't worried about becoming weak and losing control...What I was worried about was becoming a victim of this weird man who could only think of doing inappropriate things. I was scared and my body was shaking. I tried to conceal my fear but I guess I just couldn't. At times like this I wish I was home with my family doing nothing but enjoying a nice meal together. It's been ages since we've done so and I for one missed it more than anything. 

I'm not going to lie. I did miss my parents and I wanted them to stay with us more than anything but I also had a life ahead of me which involved training. I can't be relying on my parents for a time like this.

My eyes were wide opened as they faced the ground. The exit to this floor required taking stairs down a floor to lead me out of this hallway. I felt his hand grab onto my arm and I was turned around at the speed of light. What is he doing? 

For the first time in my life, I could finally understand how girls could be so stupid as to go after the same guy over and over again even after knowing he was bad news. Jaffar was no joke. He was the type of guy that made girls think he was worth it no matter what. I was looking right into his hazel coloured eyes. He had long, thin eyelashes which made him look like an innocent kid. But the grin he wore on his face made him look like a terrible play boy.

I came back to reality, and gave him a stern look as I glared at his arm. I wanted to bite him so badly so he could cry in pain!  He slowly took off his hand from my arm and I relaxed a little. I really wish he could tell me what he wanted so I could leave.

Right at that moment, I felt something on my breast. I opened my eyes wide and looked down to see hi touching me. "It's not bad for an innocent little..." He couldn't finish because I threw an intense punch at his stomach. I could feel the metacarpals in my hand flex out to the max. The wrist was in deep pain. But I did what I could, and punched him once more. I know I wasn't supposed to do it. And neither was I supposed to do what I was about to do, but I did so anyways. 

The words came pouring out of my mouth like rain pouring from the sky. "Who the f*** do you think you are to touch me like that?" I was looking straight into his eyes. Seeing that he was shocked and in pain, I couldn't help but punch him once more. I didn't  even care who was looking at me in the hallway. "I don't get it! Why do you do this for a social life? Not even my own husband touched me that way yet!" Yet? I'm such an idiot. I gave myself a face palm in my mind. "Are you trying to get Khatirah to hate you or something? Cuz, if that's the case, she hates you plenty!... You're just one of her many problems..." I didn't even wait for him to answer. If I heard his voice once more, I swear I might have killed him. I started walking away, trying not to hear him. But I heard what he said either way...

"What does this b**** thinks she's doing??" 

I was practically stomping outside. I really didn't care about my surroundings. I heard someone calling out to me. It was probably Jaffar. I was about to run, when I found myself turning around in anger. 

"WHAT?" I barked like a dog. Afsar flinched. It was him, calling my name for the last ten seconds. When I saw him, my hands started shaking again. I was about to cry. "Sorry for scaring you... Do you need anything?" I asked. 

"I heard what happened down there... Are you okay?" He asked. I looked at the ground for what seemed like the longest second of my life then smiled at it. 

"I'm fine."

"Sheath... wanted me to give you this." He said in a calm voice. He passed me a plain white envelope and I just gave it a dull look.  I said salaam to Afsar and began walking away. I opened up the envelope and found two pieces of paper. One was a full page, and the other was a small crumpled page which I recognized from some place. I flattened out the crumple piece of paper and read what it said:

I like you, and I'll do whatever I can to get you to like me back.

That was what I wrote roughly a year ago. Why would he still have this? I scrunched up my face and then curved my lips into a smile. In the corner of my eyes, I found a bench to sit on. As I sat down, I saw that my black abaya was torn at the side a little. Did I rush out of there that quickly?

I looked at the letter and didn't care about whether it was good news or horrible news. When I opened the envelope I found a full page with Sheath's handwriting on it which... wasn't as great as I suspected it would be. Ha! I found a flaw in this guy!

I read the letter out in a full minute. I re-read it over and over again, then I got up to leave. 

This was all a lie, wasn't it?