1.24 full chapter

he was coming home today at busan

that meant, he was going to see her finally. nervous was out of the question, instead he wondered if she missed him just like he misses her. he wondered if she ever read the last letter...

"jagi, are you ready to go back?" arms wrap around themselves on his shoulders and a peck on the cheek was received, earning a grin from the boy. they've dated for a few months now and he couldn't be much happier than to finally have the girl he's been loving since they were kids. even if dating her while she had a boyfriend was a wrong idea in the first and he shouldn't have interfered in any of it—but for her, it was worth fighting for.

he sighed and relaxed at her touch. "yeobo-ah, why won't we eat breakfast before we go?"

jiyeo smiled at him before kissing him quickly and holding his hand. "are you ready to see her?"

he hesitated and his smile starting to falter but regained his composure at the thought of her. "yeah. i miss raehyun anyways,"

but what jiyeo didn't know—the letters he had sent to raehyun.

he remembered writing those three words desperately just so he could get a single reply from her—he did however, but it wasn't sent. it was only a draft, raehyun was probably having doubts on whether she would send it or not.

"—coffee to wake you up."

he snapped out of his train of thought and smiled at jiyeo before squeezing her soft hand that matched perfectly with his. not hearing the rest of what she said, they headed out of her rented apartment in seoul

"see? the orientation wasn't so bad," jimin chuckled beside me as he earned a bored and blank face directed to him. he raised his eyebrows in a mock way, making me slightly irritated at his cockiness. "you're finally attending at your dream school, rae. and you've selected the broadcasting arts department!"

despite the boring orientation and hours of just standing there with people she was gonna attend with, he was right.

she rolled her eyes at the boy, "it's not that special, chim."

he made a face, "you're joking, right?"

a boy walked by and greeted jimin. "hey jimin,"

jimin politely smiled at him and gave him a high five, "nice seeing you here, sehun."

as the boy with dark brown hair went by, raehyun fiddled with the ends of her skirt uniform. the colour itself not very satisfying in her eyes, she looked like a bee with a missing stinger. but she was beyond amazed at the facilities her selected department offers. she would definitely spend some time in the film room.

jimin observed the girl beside him. stealing his breath—and maybe, just maybe his heart along the way. he liked raehyun. a lot.

but just like raehyun, he let his feelings subside for the sake of her being happy with someone else.

he wanted to make her smile like she used to;
he wanted to make her laugh and he would enjoy the sight;
he wanted to make everything perfect for her,

her wanted to be the one with her

"i read the last letter from jungkook 2 nights ago." raehyun said, breaking him from his dreams of being the one you loved instead of someone like jungkook

"oh. i mean–how'd it go?" he ask, rubbing at his nape in nervousness

"at the last part he wrote—h-he...said he loves me." she struggled saying those aloud. her eyes wandering off triggered an alarm in her self that she was trying to say what's on her mind

jimin stayed silent. of course he would say that

but raehyun continued on talking about how that night went. "i called eonni and asked if i can stay, so i snuck out of the house while taehyung was watching a movie in the living room. i told eonni everything and she listened to me, trying her best to comfort her little sister.

—but after that talk, she gave me a brown envelop with jiyeo's name on it."

jimin's throat got tighter by the awaiting info but getting really curious.

"she told me to open it and it was filled with medical records, but i didn't get what she was getting at and so she told me to look for her DNA test results. when i did i almost got the air knocked out of me, chim.

hwa jiyeon. hwa isn't her last name but her mom's."

"i'm confused." he said stopping raehyun and offered to go and sit by the empty classroom of a music room.

raehyun let out a tired sigh. readying herself to tell everything to jimin.

"chim. i never saw her father, neither did she. she grew up without one."

"yeah, so what's that suppose to mean?"

"her parents weren't married."
"okay..?"

raehyun went dead silent and jimin was scared of whatever she found out in jiyeo's medical records.

"her real last name is jeon. jeon jiyeo, she's jungkook's half sister."

and jimin started to piece everything in place.

what