Chapter 3

His father was surprised to see his son in this position. Even more surprised to learn that the girl was a Matthews.

He smirked when her father walked over, tailored jacket and all, and stuttered out incoherent words.

"Nice to see you again, Matthews," he told the other man.

With a sigh and a smile, the shorter man turned to the other, "Nice to see you too, Minkus. It's been a while."

Wrapping and arm around her husband's waist, the girl's mother shot her own smile at the Minkus. "Sure has," she told them, kissing her husband on the cheek before gently shaking her tiny daughter awake.

The girl rubbed her eyes with the non-connected hand, and fell back onto her pillow with a stubborn look, refusing to move from where she was unless the boy moved with her. But she was awake, and she muttered to herself as she waited for the nameless boy to let his eyes open. And she listened to her parents talk with what she presumed to be the boy's.

"And he's awake!" the boy's father exclaimed, and Riley turned to see it true. The boy with a bowl-cut did the same thing as she did. He rubbed his eyes with his non-connected hand, not daring to stop holding the hand of the brunette.

"Say goodbye, Riley. We need to go home and cook dinner," Topanga told her, and the girl reluctantly let go on the boy's hand.

"Library?" she asked, her voice still sleepy.

"Of course," her father told her, and picked her up so she could ride on his shoulders, smiling as she felt like she could see the entire world.

Her eyes landed on her new friend's and she giggled, "Tomorrow?"