will you marry me // chapter 16

note: heyyy im finally back but ill not be active with posting future chapters because ill be having classes soon and i have future projects soon ( it involves [ probs shefani too ] mondler and/or roschel ) so please read them soon 👀 thank youuu!!

11:25 AM

Blake: babe, im on my way now, ill be there in 25 minutes tops ;)

Gwen: oh okay. have you seen the tabloids lately?

Blake: awe babe! i told you stop reading them, they'll only eat you alive.

Gwen: i just cant help it especially that i have to meet with my ex and talk some things over!!! i hate my life

Blake: look, im here for you. just get ready and dress nicely okay? oh wait, you always dress nicely i think i need that note more 😂

Gwen: at least in their world, im already married to you :((

Blake: im marrying you, dont worry!! its just we've both just came from long term relationships and its too hard right now... but i love you. i love you so much that if you want me to marry you right now, i will. just to make you happy.

Gwen: no blake. i want when i marry you, you're already ready not just because i told you sooo!!

Blake: but i want to see you smile. I wouldn't want to see you sad or mad!

Gwen: look, im happy just the way we are right now and i just wondered if ill have a future in this relationship and not be in a dead-end kind of relationship ya know?

Blake: are you turning all monica? cos im sensing some kind of inspiration with your speech right there. [ FRIENDS REFERENCE WOO !! ]

Gwen: maybe? i dont know. you tell me.

Gwen: hey its been 25 minutes, where the hell are you? its hot in our house you know

Blake: there was a detour downtown, so there's slight traffic.

Blake: but dont worry our lunch date is still on ☺️

Gwen: okay. see you.

Gwen: eyes on the road!!

Blake: yes ma'am

*  *  *

While waiting for her boyfriend, she decided to scroll through some parts of the tabloids even though he already warned her about that work of the devil. She argued with herself about reading them and she lost to temptation. She gets slowly eaten alive with the rumors of the break-up or some other problems they might have as a couple. Being the sensitive person she is, she couldnt help but let down a few tears. It stained the pillowcases which she wished, dried faster. She was panicking and started being paranoid about their relationship, " what if he has someone else? ", " what if he doesn't wanna marry me? like ever? " thoughts slowly ate her alive.

Luckily, Blake was already there. " Blake!! " Gwen came rushing into him, giving him a kiss and a hug. He felt tears come from her, so he hugs her tighter. " What happened? " he said cupping her face, " I'm sorry. I kept reading that piece of hell. " she said pointing to the tabloids. " Where did you even get those? " he asked while she looked down, looking a little embarrassed. " I accidentally bought some. " she replied emphasizing on the accidentally. He gives her a kiss on her forehead, making her feel more comfortable. " So, are you really going to marry me, if i ever ask you? " he asked while swaying her a little bit. " Of course! " she giggles.

She fell asleep on his lap. Tear stains were still visible. He wished that he was right by her side the whole time; but it can't be. They had to work. They had to support their lives. He didn't know what was it with tabloids; preying on happy, innocent couples. He hated everything about it. If he could, he would burn all tabloids in the newsstands. He watched her, stroked her hair, and whispered her promises. He knew she couldn't hear them but it cant stop him. " I love you so much and I wish you could stop thinking about me not marrying you, because I will. I just want everything to be
perfect. " He never wanted to feel the same experience he had with Miranda.

Miranda. It's been a long time since her name came up to him. He dreaded hearing or saying her name. He hated how society portrayed men as the only people who could cheat but they were wrong. She went on a sleeping spree with almost every guy she had eye contact with, and he was ready to work things out with her but he heard about it. The harshest words he heard came from 2 drunk guys discussing about how great she was.

" I remember her name!! " a guy said proudly, " Oh really? " his friend chuckled. " Yeah. Her name's Miranda. God, she was the best. " He heard him say proudly. He got up, wanting to punch the hell out him but it wasn't the right answer. It was time. He talked to her. He saw it coming; she kept saying it wasn't true but he knew, it was. Everything between them before faded slowly. " I'm sorry, Blake. I really am, I just dont want to see you like this anymore. I'll always love you. " she said, before placing the last kiss she could ever give him on his cheeks. " ... I'll always love you. " it repeated in his headed, believing that nothing in those 4 simple words meant what it really meant. If's and How's filled his mind until he decided to call her old phone number, only a month after their breakup. It was the time that he texted those 5 words to a number he didn't know was still in use, " Miranda, we need to talk. " from that moment, he met a girl, who was in the similar situation as him. She had these cute little quirks and he loved every single one.

" You look wonderful, Gwen. I love you. I will marry you but we just need to learn to heal first. " he told her. He never thought that he was still in the same place 7 months ago. Except he had her. He had someone who loves him the way he loves her. He finally had the love that was long overdue.