concert // chapter 8

[ there will be a slight reference to FRIENDS :) haha, hope you enjoy! ]

she looked over the crowd to look for him, but he was nowhere to be found. her whole set was finished, she ran to her dressing room. she was supposed to rest but instead she cried. she never thought she would cry over a guy that she met online not going to her concert. although their friendship may look subtle but he was her go-to help.

" gwen, there's someone looking for you outside. "

" really? " she replied while wiping the tears from her cheeks. " ill be there in a few seconds. "

she went out after fixing her face, then a guy was outside. he seemed familiar to her, so without any hesitations, she said, " hey! "

the guy turned around with a bouquet of lilies, her favorites. this guy turned out to be blake.

" BLAKE! " tears fall once more, " you came! how? i thought you had practices? "

" i did but i told the management that my sister got sent to the emergency room! " he laughed, " dont cry, you did your best. "

she smiled, " why did i not see you from the crowd if you were here? "

" well, i actually bought general admission tickets since im very sneaky. " he jokes.

they head outside of the arena, talked for a very long time. she didnt let go of his hands, it flattered him. he wanted to tell her what he really felt. he was so tired of pretending in the texts they share. he was drowning in his thoughts until gwen called him.

" hey blake, i feel like i missed you although we only meant once. you mean so much to me. i like having long conversations with you. i love you. "

" you mean so much to me too. " he said looking down.

" blake, are you okay? " her eyes were filled with her worry for him.

" yeah, yeah. im great just a little tired. " he managed to smile.

" blake, i know you're hiding something from me. "

" there's nothing for you to know about! " he randomly stormed off, leaving gwen very confused and worried.

" blake! "

she ran out after him but he was too fast. she was so tired that she accidentally fell on the dirty smokey ground. he heard her fell, so he ran to carry her. he carried her like he's been doing it for a while. she leaned on him and pretended she was sleeping or napping. he headed back to the arena and left her in her dressing room. before he left, she tidied her up and laid her on the couch. he fanned her until she stopped sweating, he left a drink and dinner for her and whispered,
" gwen, get some rest okay? see you in Oklahoma soon, i love you so much. "

i love you so much.

those words got stuck in her head. what did it mean? was it meant to be a friendly way? does he like me? did he felt this way when i told him ily? why am i even feeling this thing?

thoughts were flooding up her mind, she was out of focus almost every rehearsal.

-----

the last day of her countrywide tour arrived, it made her anxious to see him. she looked through the crowd, general admission or not. she made an eye for every person in the arena. she was singing songs about her ex and she wants to breakdown and cry on blake's shoulder. but, she knew it was an unwritten rule in friendship. never ever date your best friend. her sarcastic side told her, " remember chandler and monica in friends? they were best friends yet they fell in love and married each other. why not with blake? "

she didn't trust that side that side of her instead she kept singing even though her mind was lost.

the moment she dreaded was the concert to finish. she now dreaded seeing him.

" nobody falls in love with her best friend. " she kept whispering to herself while she went to her dressing room.

" who told you that? " a familiar voice replied as she was about to open the door.

it was blake, again. her most dreaded moment has come. she felt panic across her body.

" hey. " she smiles as she enters her dressing room but he held her hand before she can even enter the room.

" blake! " she screams, " i got you, i want you to meet someone. " he tells her

" stay here. " he rushes outside to fetch the person.

he arrives with a girl. a girl that had been a part of her life, it was her best friend, christina.

" christina? " she wonders and christina nods back with a grin on her face, they rushed to hug each other tightly.

" gwen! its great seeing you! " christina greets gwen with a welcoming smile on her face.

" yeah! i know. its been so long. " memories float back to their minds since the early childhood days, " so you're the person blake wants me to meet? "

" yeah probably. " she laughs, blake was outside, taking out the gifts that he bought for her.

they enters with bunch of gifts and flowers. gwen's face light up when he sees him and thought how charming of the gesture was.

" blake, you didn't have to! " her grins were from ear to ear.

" actually, i didnt bought it, it was her who bought it! "

then blake gives christina a small hug.

" you were amazing! you always are. " he tried complementing her,

she wanted to blackout. she didnt want to see her best friend with the person she loved. her eyes were filled with so much pain that even they saw it.

" gwenny! are you okay? "

" yeah, yeah. im probably tired cause you know performer! " she pretends to joke.

" were gonna leave now so you can get some rest. bye! " christina waves and gwen smiles a little.

she goes to get changed and hopefully get some rest.

why her, blake? why her?