Rebuild

The snow continued to fall outside the cave. Blood trails scattered around on the pure white snow, as silence consumed the area. The seven teens sat in a cave, still harmed but at least in a safe spot. Brynne gently ran her hands over Reese's wounds, the contact between the two creating a soft gold light. His wound thatched itself, healing superbly but leaving a scar. She continued to heal everyone elses wounds, their pale skin returning to it's natural colours, and their breathing returning to normal. All except Keiren.

He was far too gone to save.

She healed his dead body anyway, for ceremonial purposes. If he were to get buried, at least he would look presentable. She sighed, and turned around to look at the remaining squad.

Tattered clothes, matted hair, multiple scars beyond counting. She had injuries, too, but not as severe or numerous as the others. She heard a grunt behind her.

"Ashton? Kaiser? Brynne?" a voice coughed.

Nash.

"Yeah. What's up?" she said softly. Nash sat up from his place on the ground, looking at Brynne.

"I thought we died." he said bluntly.

She looked back at him. "Um, we... you... did, I think." she shrugged her shoulders. "I didn't check your pulses at first. I...." her voice trailed off. Nash rested his elbow on his knee.

"Brynne? What happened?" Nash inquired.
******
She just witnessed the fall of her soldiers. Her comrades.

Her friends.

Rage boiled over her, as she watched the last one fall. She screamed with all the hatred balling up inside her.

"How fucking DARE YOU!" she screamed until her voice became raspy. The guards stopped shooting , scared to see her next action. They looked at her with a confused face, and even Jeb stopped in his tracks.

Fueled with rage, she screamed and leaped towards Jeb, digging her hands into his skin. He yelped from the pain, and Brynne grasped at the gun in his hands. She grabbed it successfully, and shot multiple times at Jeb. Bullets hit him in various places, him getting hit to many times to heal. Finally, she shot at him with the last bullet, it piercing his skull.

Blood painted Brynne's face.

Together, they plummeted to the ground, Brynne manipulating the weight so he would hit the ground beneath her, taking the blunt of the fall. She closed her eyes, and they hit the ground with a thud. She looked up after a few minutes and noticed that the guards had ran off.

Probably regained their senses, she thought. She sat up with difficulty, wheezing and wiping off blood, hers and others. She looked down at the corpse beneath her.

Jeb was dead. No way was he coming back past the gunshots. She stood up ,over his body , and spat.

"Hope you burn," she cursed.

Deciding to take her fallen friends away from the rubble and debris of the destroyed fort, she set out towards to forest surrounding to find a safe place to take them. She wandered for a good hour, both from finding nothing and a pain in her leg that caused her to limp. After considering defeat, she came across a small cave. No snow reached inside, and there was only one entrance, so nothing could sneak up upon them.

She walked back to the fort, digging her feet a little deeper in the snow to leave a trail. Once she made it back, she broke.

Among the bodies of the guards were her friends, and it was her responsibility to take of their bodies.