France x Male Reader

Start from the beginning

"W-Why?".

"You fell on the street, just after bumping into me" I spoke, answering the confused mans question. "I don't remember you, come closer" He spoke again as he tried to sit up in the hospital bed, with the white blanket over his body slightly. I stood up and walked closer to him. As I sat on the bed, he took my hand. "I remember your eyes. I looked up at your eyes as I thought I was going to die. You saved me. You truly have eyes of an angel".

I was flattered. Even a sick man was so sweet to a stranger like me. "But who are you. What is the name of my savior?" he asked again looking me in the eyes. "I am Francis Bonnefoy. And you are, combattant?" "I am (Y/N) (L/N). How do I know you? I don't remember my relation to you. Even though I heard some speak of my boyfriend. Is that you?" He asked and I dearly wanted the answer to be yes, but as much as I wanted the answer to be yes he had to think of the man. "Francis..?" I looked at (Y/N). "I understand if you want to break up with me, I'm not special or anything so.." He said  looking down at the white blankets while he fiddled with his thumbs. I needed to decide quickly. Was I going to lie to him, a sick man with no family left, or was I going to break his heart. I sticked with what felt right as I could hear his sobs. I hugged him. "Never. I will always be right here" I said, feeling him hugging me back with the little strength he had in his body. "To me you are very special" I told him. 

After that night we started getting closer. (Y/N) started to get in recovery and everything was peace for a moment. I thought about marrying him, when we got out of the hospital. He had totally changed me. Everyday he was better than the last and his smile was wider than the one before. And for once Francis thought he was in complete and utter peace, his life together and in harmony all for once. The doctors even said that if the recovery continued they could go home. (Y/N) was so happy. Happier than you had ever seen him since the two met. 

But one day it all went wrong. (Y/N) was showering and he slipped, hitting his head causing him to have another attack. No one was near as Francis was downstairs getting some food for the two of them. When a nurse finally got to him. It was almost too late. He was looked at by several doctors, who all said the same. 

He had about 24 hours if he was lucky. 

When Francis heard about it he was crushed. His one true love was about to die, right in front of him, and he couldn't do a thing. That night he told (Y/N) about the tragedy. He didn't want to die. He was only at the age of 21 years old and he wanted to live so badly. They both wanted him to live so badly. But both of them knew as well it weren't going to happen. They talked that night. The whole night trough. In the middle of the night when Francis thought (Y/N) had finally driven of to sleep after his sobbing he was proven wrong. 

"Francis, I don't want to die. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and I wanna run away with you and get married, and explore the world. Because I really, really love you Francis" he said "With all my heart can be filled with I love you as the only one, and I don't want to die leaving you" He sobbed. Francis didn't just sob he was crying his heart out. "I don't want y-you to die either. C-Cause I love you as well, with all of my heart. Because you are the love of my life, and I want our life together to last forever" 

That night was sad, full of tears and sobs and loud cryings, that even the doctors could hear and it was heartbreaking. For everyone, because they all knew what was going to happen.

Everyone in the hospital knew about the couple who was to never be. And even the ones who had never felt their love towards one another felt their heart breaking that night. 

The next morning (Y/N) heartbeat was weak, and he knew it was only hours that parted him and the gate of heaven. Francis knew as well. As (Y/N) laid in his dead bed you could hear Francis singing a sweet lullaby for him. "Just close your eyes, the sun is going down. You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I will be safe and sound" he sang beautifully. As the last tone was over the machine (Y/N) was attached to stopped. It was signaling what had become Francis' worst nightmare. He was gone (Y/N) was gone. It was over. It was like the most beautiful dream that had turned into a nightmare.

His funeral was soon after. Francis was the only one who showed up. (Y/N) didn't have any family left, his mother dying of lung cancer two years earlier. No friends that would like to come all the way for a funeral. The funeral was beautiful, truly the angel (Y/N) was worthy. Francis sat in front of the stone, crying as his love had just gotten buried. The priest went inside again when it started raining, Francis still sitting in front of the stone. And if you listened closely you could hear the lullaby. ".. You and I, will be safe and sound. Just close your e-eyes"

Francis had gotten to choose what his gravestone should say.

"Here lays (Your full name), taken too soon. Missed by too many.

From (Your birthday) 1995, till 27 September 2016.

Truly an angel rising.

End of Flashback 

Francis' POV

I looked around, most of the other countries was crying. I was as well. I missed him. "That was so touching, Francis" said Arthur, then he looked at Alfred "Please promise me you'll never die?" He sounded almost desperate. "Of course i'll never die, I'm a hero and i'll protect you Arthur" Alfred said as he hugged Arthur. I could feel someone hug me, and as I looked back behind me to find Gilbert and Antonio. "We're sorry we brought it up"/"Ve're sorry ve brougth it up" they said hugging me tighter. 

"It's okay. He was the love of my life, and he still is. You just have to adjust to seeing them as a fallen angel between the stars of a beautiful sky" I said.

And it's true. (Y/N) truly was the angel smiling, down at me trough the stars of the night sky every night.

2041 words counted. I'm kinda proud. But I'm really sad as well so thats the inspiration of this one shot. Hope you don't drown in your tears.

Lots og Hugs, Alex <3