Took.

Karlie's pov:

I release a deep breath and ease the grip of the string between my fingers. The arrow flies directly into the body of the deer, sending its body to the ground. I smile and glance around to make sure it's clear before I dart towards the animal. The tall grass surrounding me crunches with my every step. A few times I have to save myself from getting whacked in the face with the green plant. I make it to the dead herbivore and smile at my prize. It's very large and I can't wait to show it to Taylor. She'll be proud and I know it. Although, she will also be very grossed out. The thought of her chanting 'ew' multiple times and backing away from me as I hold up the bloody animal makes me laugh. I rip my arrow out of the deers abdomen and place it back in my carrier on my back. I begin to drag the deer as its way too big to carry. I make my way to the jeep as it's parked a long ways away, as I didn't want to scare any animals away with the loud engine. Eventually I make it to the jeep as my back begins to become painful. I haven't gone hunting in a long time, my back isn't used to me pulling on so much weight yet. I somehow manage to pick up the brown mammal after taking a short break, and lay it's body in the trailer part of my jeep. After it's settled with the few ducks I killed also, I remove my weapons and set them in the back seat. I rest my body in the driver's seat before I start the car. I release a breath as I lay my head against the seat, listening to the soft words of my Coldplay cd. I begin to think of Taylor as the words of 'Ink' play softly. She loves this song. She makes me listen to it everytime we drive somewhere. She says she thinks of me everytime she listens to it. And I think I'm beginning to feel the same way.

All I know
All I know
Is that I'm lost
Whenever you go
All I know
Is that I love you so
So much that it hurts

I feel myself craving for Taylor. She's all I ever need. I finally step on the gas pedal to drive myself home. Home. Taylor. What's the difference?

-

I make it home from the Grasslands sooner than I expected but I'm not complaining. I drag the deer to the back, behind the cabin so I can skin it later. I do the same with the ducks. I make sure to cover them up so nothing eats at them. I then walk into the cabin and that's when I notice I was gone for too long. Blood. There's a puddle of blood on the floor.

"Taylor!" I call

There's no response and I run throughout the house but with no success of finding the tall blonde. Instead I find my wolves locked in the closet but left unharmed. This entire situation is strange to me but then it becomes clear when I find a feather laying on the kitchen floor. Not just any feather..it belongs to an eagle. My eyebrows ease and I begin to breathe heavily. The Nakoons. They took Taylor.

"Oh my god" I breathe

There's cookies laying on the kitchen table and I can't help but think she was innocently baking cookies, to pay me back for when I did the same, when the Indians marched in and took her. The look of fear on her face brings tears to my eyes. They won't be gentle with her and I only pray that the blood on the floor is not hers. Although it probably is. My heart pounds in my chest as anger and sadness cloud my thoughts.

"I have to go get her" I say in a shaky voice as I wipe my eyes. But I can't go alone.

I dash out of the house with my wolves following behind me. As I command them to get into the jeep I realize something. The wolves being locked in the closet was so strange to me. But I realize it's because Taylor put them in there. She put them in there because she didn't want them to get hurt. She knew they would've tried to attack the Indians. But that only tells me that there must've been a lot of them. Because she knows my wolves can survive a few attacks all at once. Or she just didn't want them to get hurt because she doesn't want me to get hurt either.