Possessed

"Chris, baby, what's wrong?" I asked. He started acting weird a few days ago after having a nightmare that he refuses to tell me about. He was staring blankly at his coffee.
"I think we should break up."
"Did I do something wrong?" I asked, a little worried.
"No! Of course not. It's just- I don't know, I think I need a break for a little while." He said. I'm an understanding person and I want Chris to be happy. As long as we can still be friends. He gave me a hug.
"We're still gonna be friends, nothin can break the friendship. I'll see you on the next case." He said, walking out. I was so shocked I couldn't beg him to stay or talk about anything. We'd been together for so long and he just ends it like that. I sat on the couch and my dog, Chief, jumped on me and laid down. He knew I was upset.
The next day There was a knock on the door.
"It's open." I called. Doogie and Chasey came in.
"Hey, girly." Doogie said.
"Hey, guys." I said.
     "You up for a case?" Chasey asked.
     "Always!" I needed the distraction. I brushed my hair and put on my TWC hoodie and out on some boots. I followed the boys out to the trucks and got in with Porter. He gave me a hug like he always does when we see each other. He was my bestie.
     "How're you?" He asked.
     "Fine." I said. I just can't stop thinking about Chris. Who was in the front truck with Doogie. We were going to this old mansion that has once been used as a hospital. There was a woman named Kerri Lynn Warden. She was married to a doctor named Ricky Warden. They had two children together. One day Kerri found Ricky cheating on her with one of his patients. Ricky left her and Kerri couldn't handle the heartbreak. She drowned both her children in the bathtub before taking her own life. Kerri's vengeful spirit is known to target women who have had their hearts broken by men that they loved.
     I fell asleep on the drive up but I was soon woke up by Brannon and Porter.
     "We are here, sunshine!" Brannon sang. I giggled and got out.
     "Alright guys, the Warden mansion! Seems creepy on the outside, but just imagine the inside!" Chris exclaimed.
     "There's one spirit that seems to be very active here. Kerri Lynn." Doogie added.
     "Right. So. Brannon and chasey, how bout you guys go check out the top of the house where the murder and suicide happened. Doogie and Porter, you guys go check out where the patients were. Maggie, come with me to go interview Mr. Johnson." I walked with Chris to a little log cabin where an older gentlemen was sitting on the porch. Chris asked him many questions, but I was just zoned out.
     We met back with the guys who shared their stories. Porter's shirt was yanked, Doogie got bit a little bit, and Brannon's hair was pulled. Nothin new really.
     "Well, looks like we have a long night ahead of us. Let's give a fist bump to the Big Man," Chris said, we all huddled and Chasey prayed for our Savior to protect us and guide us through this night. I was teamed up with Porter and we went to the bathroom where the children were drowned.
     "Hello, my name is Maggie and this is Porter."
      "Hide!" I looked down at the phenetic generator. Hide? I was thrown back into a wall.
     "Maggie!" Porter yelled. My eyes rolled to the back of my head and my mouth was foaming. The pain was out of this world.
     "Wrong," came out of my mouth. "Maggie's gone."
     "Kerri Lynn?" Porter asked. A smile formed on my lips. The boys came running into the bathroom.
     "It's kerri!" Porter yelled at them.
     "Her hearts broken. Kerri Lynn targets broken hearted girls!" Brannon reminded. Chris was getting hysterical trying to get the spirit to leave. Doogie and Porter held me down as I thrashed around. Chris stood in front of me, tears streaming his eyes.
     "This is my nightmare. It's coming true." He said aloud. He kneeled in front of me.
     "Maggie! Listen to me. I know you're in there. I love you, I just thought I needed to stay away because of the nightmare I had. My line of work would've gotten you killed, and I was wrong, I shouldn't have left you. I need to stay with you. To keep you safe. Mags, I need you." His voice cracked. "Kerri Lynn. I need you to leave my baby girl. I can't live without her."my body went limp. Kerri was gone. My eyes fluttered open and I saw Chris.
     "Maggie!" He hugged me and I hugged him back. "I am so sorry! I didn't realize how much I need you! I love you so much!" He sniffled at the end. I pushed him back a little and wiped his tears.
     "Relax, baby. You can't get rid of me that easy." He smiled and kissed me and then the boys started a group hug. I can now cross possessed off my bucket list.

Whoooo, that one was an intense one to write! Hope you like this one, too MargaretAntross ! Just let me know if I need to make changes to it or if there was something you didn't like about it that you want me to change!☺️😘