1 - and you're not included

8th May 1985

8th May 1985

"Rocky, c'mon." I whisper-shout. "We are almost there, but we gotta be quick before they catch us."

We were so close to our exist. I couldn't believe it yet. We were mere meters away from our freedom but it didn't feel real yet. Not just yet.

We run a few more meters without making any noise. I look around and nobody was in sight.

The cost was clear.

We enter in the big massive cold kitchen and head straight to the back door that's always locked.

"Watch my back." I whisper to Rocky and lift my horrible dry blue dress taking off the key I had stolen from the waistband of my panties. The only place I could tug the keys in without anyone noticing.

I put the key in the keyhole and take a deep breath. I've been dreaming about this day for four years.

I jiggle the key and with a "click", the door opens.

Anxious, I step outside with Rocky following behind me.

It is dark outside, but it's outside. It isn't another room without an exit. We are out. We are finally out.

After closing the door behind without making any possible noise we start running.

We just run. We run through the woods until we couldn't see the big Victorian building behind us.

The feel of the ground on my bare feet was pleasant. Adrenaline was rushing through my veins and happiness was filling my body.

After ten years locked up from the outside world I was finally free. And it felt so good.

Rocky and I stop walking as we get out of the woods and sit by a big lonely road.

"And know?" Rocky asks.

"Now we go to LA."

~ A year and four months later ~

"Look who it is, my favourite bartender!" I hear Sebastian saying behind me in a teasing way making me roll my eyes as I turn around to face him.

"Hi for you to." I say, resting my hands on the counter.

"What's going on?" He asks. "Full house on a Tuesday night?"

"There's a gig today, and apparently the band is good." I explain serving him a beer.

"And the name is?"

"Guns N Roses, if I'm not wrong."

"What is happening here? Reunion without me?" Jani appears from nowhere and I laugh.

"I see everyone decided to show up." I say.

"Of course!" Jani says sitting on a barstool beside Sebastian. "Everyone is here!"