You Are the Only One ~ AJ McCarron for Leslie {anewday4me}

All my senses come to life

While I'm stumbling home as drunk as I 

Have ever been and I'll never leave again

'Cause you are the only one 

~ Ed Sheeran 

~~~~~

{a/n: this will be in aj's pov}

I take off my helmet as I high five Giovani Bernard before jogging to the sidelines, looking for my lovely girlfriend Leslie. Unaware of my surroundings, I bump into a person, causing me to stumble back a bit.

I come face to face with Johnny Manziel, the Browns' star quarterback. I smile at him before holding out a hand. He shakes it quickly, before narrowing his eyes at me.

"So you're the guy that Leslie left me for?" He eyes me up and down before scoffing. "Seems like a downgrade if you ask me."

I grit my teeth. Leslie had told me to be careful around Johnny, especially, but it seems as if luck is against me today. I shrug off his comments. 

"You played good out there, Manziel," I fake a smile while clapping a hand on his shoulder. He shrugs it off rudely. 

"I sure as hell played better than you," he replies before smiling smugly. My jaw drops for a split second before I clench it in anger.

"Dude, I was complimenting you. Why do you have to be so rude?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest. He rolls his eyes before brushing past me, hitting my shoulder in the process. I grab his shoulder, yanking him back. Grabbing him by the collar, I lift him to meet my eye level.

"What is your problem?" I ask. He struggles against my hand, trying to get out of my grasp. I put him on the ground, still gripping his collar. 

"My problem is that you stole my girl right out from under my feet!" He spits at me. "Go get yourself another slut to hang out with!"

"Leslie is not a slut! Say those words again, and I'll guarantee that you'll need some plastic surgery to fix that mouth of yours," I hiss out. He smiles smugly before spitting in my face, laughing loudly. 

"Are you sure about that? I mean, you can't tell with ones like that," he replies. I release his collar before landing a hard right hook in his jaw. He falls to the ground, and some of his other teammates rush over to help him up. His jaw is forming a nasty purple bruise, and blood drips from his mouth. A figure wraps their arms around my waist, and I turn around to meet the gorgeous face of Leslie. I hold her in my arms for a while, kissing the top of her head.

"AJ, what happened?" She asks as we walk back to the locker rooms. I shake my head, packing my gear up. She grabs my arm as I reach up to place my helmet back. I sigh, sinking into a chair beside my locker. 

"He called you a slut," I whisper out. Leslie looks at me quizzically. 

I take a deep breath before continuing. "He called me a downgrade and said I didn't play well. He said that I stole you right out from under his feet."

Leslie bursts out laughing, doubling over. I pout, thinking that none of this is funny. 

"Why are you laughing? It's not funny!" I whine, pulling her onto my lap. She wipes the tears away from her eyes before pecking my nose, smiling at me.

"You actually believe all of that crap that he said?" She asks. I look down, biting my lip in embarrassment. She giggles, rubbing the top of my head. 

She cups my face in her hands, causing me to stare into her eyes. "AJ, you're the only the one I want to be with. I left Johnny because he was a jerk. You actually know how to treat a woman," she says, causing me to smile a little. "Don't listen to him, okay? Promise me that his words won't affect you."

I nod, a pink tint to my cheeks. "It's just, sometimes I don't think I'm enough for you."

Leslie looks at me wide-eyed. "How dare you say something like that! You're more than enough, AJ. I don't even know how I even came across someone like you in all honesty." She hoists my bag up on her shoulder, huffing when she realizes she's laden down. "Let's go," she squeaks out while dragging the bag on the floor behind her instead. I laugh, easily picking up the bag. Taking her hand in mine, I kiss her cheek, smiling to myself.

"Now we can go."

~~~~~

Hello there Leslie {anewday4me}! I hope you enjoyed reading your imagine! I'm sorry that it took forever to be put up, and that it's kind of short. I wanted to make it short and sweet :)

Thanks so much for reading!