Fool to Love ~ Rob Gronkowski for Emily {EmilyAdraineBrady}

Now goodbye to you

Self-assurance is taking me over

It's time I let you slip from my shoulders

I'm wise and I'm older

~NAO 

~~~~~

I tip the cab driver extra before stepping out of the car. He waves goodbye as he pulls out of the driveway to Rob's house. Trudging up the steps, I put the multiple bags I'm laden down with on next to door as I fish for my keys in my pocket. I sigh in relief as the door unlocks, and I push it open, almost tripping over a pair of my shoes.

Wait a minute.

I don't own a pair of white Adidas. 

I set the bags down on the kitchen island, not even bothering to put the groceries away. I quietly walk up the stairs to my shared bedroom with Rob. 

My hand turns the handle slowly, and I hope to God he's not doing what I think he's doing. 

I shut my eyes as I hear the sound of the bed rocking back and forth as Rob thrusts in and out of some girl. My heart sinks to my chest as I hear the satisfied groans coming from the room. 

I shake my head, walking back downstairs to put the groceries away. I do it silently, barely making any sounds as drawers and cabinets open and shut. 

Heavy footsteps come down the stairs, and I turn around to see Rob hugging the girl from behind. She puts on her shoes, giving Rob a quick peck on the lips. He smiles, opening the door for her and ushering her outside to his car. 

He revs the engine, and as soon as I finish putting the last of the groceries away, he's zooming down the street, towards heaven knows where. 

~~~~~

I sit at the kitchen table alone, drinking a glass of red wine and eating a plate of Parmesan chicken. My fork stabs the chicken harshly as the door opens. 

"Emily, I'm home!"

I slowly get up from the table, downing the rest of the wine in one gulp. 

"I'm in the dining room," I reply shakily. He walks in with a giant smile on his face, trying to engulf me in a hug. I step back, crossing my arms over my chest. 

"Em?"

I shake my head. "Did you have fun?"

"What? What are you talking about?"

I laugh bitterly, smiling eerily. "I said, did you have fun? Her Adidas were really nice by the way. Next time, you two should try to keep it down. I was trying to put away groceries down here."

Rob's eyes go wide, and his mouth is ajar. I reach up, shutting it harshly. He rubs his jaw, looking at me sympathetically. I give him a strained smile, waiting to hear what he has to say.

"Emily, I swear, it's not-"

"Then what the hell was I supposed to see? Am I supposed to think that she's your cousin or something? I'm not that fucking stupid, Robert," I spit at him, using his real name His face goes red in embarrassment.

"Emily, I swear, you weren't supposed to see that. Baby, I'm-"

I shove him in the chest. "Don't baby me! I'm leaving!" I'm fuming as I begin to walk up the stairs, about to get my duffle when a strong hand pulls me back. Rob pulls me into a hug, not letting go. I hit him repeatedly, trying to make him release his grip. 

"Rob, please, don't make this harder than it already is," I say, pulling away from him. I take a few shirts out of my dresser, fishing through it for more essentials.

Rob is standing at the doorway, watching me intently. He doesn't even attempt to stop me as I shoulder the duffle bag. 

I don't say a word as I walk out the door, ready to hail a cab. 

As I walk down the road, I turn back and see Rob's retreating figure from the windows. I shake my head, blinking back tears for the first time today.

I start my journey downtown.

~~~~~

I end up listening to my friend, Amanda, rant on and on about how celebrities are no-good scumbags, especially athletes, and how I should take a break from dating once in a while. I shook my head, pigging out on a bag of Lays chips. 

"Amanda, I've been with Rob since college. I'm not just going to give up some of the best years of my life without being mopey about it." I roll my eyes. Amanda shakes her head, digging her hand into my bag.

"Emily, honey, if he knew any better he wouldn't have cheated on you. Point. Blank."

I chew slowly, swallowing the salty goodness before replying. "Mandy, I know. I'm surprised he hasn't-"

A knock on the door interrupts me. Amanda springs up, grabbing a twenty dollar bill from her purse. 

"Pizza here I come!"

She flings the door open, and her movements become silent. I sit up on the couch, straining my neck towards the door. 

"Mandy? You okay?" I ask while making my way to her. "Where's the pizza?"

I look up, and my jaw drops as Rob is standing at the door, soaked head to toe in sweat. He smiles sheepishly before doubling over, trying to catch his breath. 

"Emily? What should we do?" Amanda whispers in my ear. I shrug, turning to face Rob again. I stand with one hand on my hip, narrowing my eyes at him. 

"What are you doing here?"

Rob stands up, facing us again. "Emily, please let me talk to you. Please," Rob begs. I nod at Amanda walk outside on the front porch, shutting the door behind me. 

"You have two minutes to spill, Robert," I say. 

He takes my hand in his, rubbing the back of my hand with his thumbs.

"Emily, baby, please, I'm so sorry. I honestly didn't know what I was doing. I was at the gym, and she was there, working out right in front of me. As soon as I left the showers, she followed me outside, and you know what happened next. Please forgive me; it's never going to happen again."

I shake my head, kicking at a small rock. "I don't know, Rob. You really hurt me today, you know that, right?"

"Emily-"

"I gotta go. I'll see you soon, all right?"

I turn around, ready to open the door when Rob forces me back around. I open my mouth to protest.

Rob's soft lips beat me to it. 

He takes dominance quickly, forcing his tongue into my mouth. I jump, wrapping my legs around his waist as he pushes me up against the wall, not breaking the kiss. 

The front door opens, startling Rob, almost causing him to drop. A blush rises onto our faces as the pizza guy is standing right next to us, and he mumbles a thank you as Amanda hands him the money; his flushed face is illuminated by the porch lights. 

Amanda busts out laughing as she walks inside, clutching the pizza box. 

Rob looks at me, a mischievous smile on his face.

"Round Two?"

~~~~~

Hey Emily {EmilyAdraineBrady}! I hope you enjoyed reading your imagine! I really miss seeing Rob play :(

Thanks so much for reading!