My Baby Boy ~ Aaron Rodgers for Serenity {unchainedmelodys}

I hear babies cry

I watch them grow

They'll learn much more

Than I'll ever know

And I think to myself

What a wonderful world

~ Louis Armstrong

~~~~~

"Serenity, you've gotten so big."

My husband, Aaron Rodgers, coos as I struggle to sit down. I look at him, an apparent pout on my face. He chuckles before taking a seat next to me. He runs his hand through my hair.

"When little Aaron comes out, try not to kill me, ok?" He warns. I laugh, rubbing my stomach.

Then a craving consumes me.

"Aaron, do we have anymore peanut butter?" I ask innocently. Almost automatically, he springs up, walking into the kitchen.

How did I get so lucky?

My thoughts are interrupted when I feel a sharp pain in my abdomen. I scream out in pain.

Aaron rushes back into the living room, a jar of crunchy peanut butter in his hand. "Serenity, baby, what's wrong?" He asks while rushing to my side.

"Aaron Jr. thinks it's a superb time right now to come out," I say, out of breath.

Aaron's eyes widen, and he instantly scoops me up bridal style. Running outside, he places me gently in the passenger seat, buckling me in place. Then he dashes back inside.

Before I know it, he's thrown the baby bag in the back seat and puts the car in drive.

"We'll be there soon, baby, just hold on," he says while pulling out of the driveway.

~~~~~

"Mrs. Rodgers, you have to push right now," the doctor tells me calmly. I have a death grip on Aaron's hand, but he seems unfazed.

"When I count to three, I need you to push as hard as you can, ok?"

I nod, sweat beads rolling down my forehead.

"One."

I heave in and out, taking deep breaths.

"Two."

You can do this, Serenity.

This baby's got to come out.

"Three."

I push with all my might.

"Keep pushing Serenity! The doc can see a head!" Aaron encourages.

I keep pushing, sighing in relief when I hear cries fill the room.

Aaron squeezes my hand. "You did it, baby. You gave us a bundle of joy." Tears fill his eyes, and a few of them roll down his cheek. He leans down, encapturing me in a passionate kiss.

When we pull apart, one of the nurses is smiling at us, holding our baby boy in her arms. She hands him over to me.

This is where I start bawling.

"Hey Aaron, I'm mommy," I say sweetly. Aaron Jr. opens his eyes, and I melt at how he inherited Aaron's blue eyes.

"I'm going to take good care of you, along with daddy." I bring him closer to my lips, planting a soft kiss on his cheek. Aaron smiles at us.

I hold Aaron Jr. up to him, and he takes him in his arms. "I'm daddy," Aaron says. His blue eyes are shining with tears.

"I'm going to teach you how to play football just like me. And when you get older, you can play for the Packers, and be their star quarterback."

I smile.

I'm going to love this family.

~~~~~~

Hi Serenity {unchainedmelodys}! Jeez, you seem familiar....:)

Thanks so much for requesting this imagine, and I'm sorry it sucked! I'm also sorry it's 3 days late (can't keep up lol), but I hope you enjoyed it!

Thanks so much for reading, and I'll see you all soon! Ciao for now!