Chapter 8- Believe

I stood up. All I herd was a few distant yelling and screams. Then, it was drop dead silent. The lights went off, soon it was dark but, a few streaks of sunlight. My brother appeared at the doorway. I ran to Ethan, hugging him tight as I can. Never wanting to let go.

He was startled at first ,but then he hugged back.
"Did you do all of this?" I asked, my face squished into his upper torso.
"Ha no. I wish I did though."
I could hear his heartbeat. Beating fast as if he was scared. "Do you know who did this?"
"No, my door just opened," he answered. Letting go of the hug.
"Same here. I think they came to rescue us," I responded. Letting go of the hug also.
"Let's get out of here. Stay close," Ethan told me.

We started to walk through the old abandoned building. I thought that the Anzac's would stay, try to fight. But, I guess they were just to scared. Ha, I guess they're not that scary and fierce after all.

Finally, an exit. We walked outside, all the Anzac's were there. The voices, they came back. Clouding my head. It hurt like the worst headache. I herd "freaks," "where are they," "it's all over," more things like that. Short phrases. Can't it stop? I want it all to stop. I sat down on my calfs. Tears are coming, trying to hide them. I lean forward, my elbows are in the long grass, hands covering my ears. It didn't help, I could still hear them very clearly.

I felt a warm, sweaty hand on my back. My eyes were still closed. The hand went away. I sensed Maria and Cindra jog up to us, through the crowd.

I herd Maria, "I thought you were going to be caged. I didn't know what to do!"
I felt her hand on my back, "what's wrong with her?"

I herd Ethan say, "shhh. Let her concentrate."
Her hand was removed from my back.

My back started to ach suddenly. I could feel bones sifting around. I think they could see it too. I'm sensing people surrounding me, watching my bones. It hurt like hell but, I kept my screams in.

"Sit up Becca," Ethan told me.

I sat up, wiping my eyes. It did feel a little bit better. Ethan went and sat in front of me. I saw people in a circle around me.

"Straighten your back." He told me again.

I did so, it seamed to shift a lot faster now. I felt something sharp, something long, something rub. Trying to get out. Soon it popped out, Ethan was amazed. It hurt even more than the bones shifting through my body. This time, I couldn't contain my screams. Everyone looked eye level, then back down again.

All the pain stopped, and I stood up. Everyone, was staring at me. Either amazed or feared. The voices stopped, thank goodness.

I turned to Ethan, "Why are they staring at me?"
"They aren't staring at you, they're watching the two things that popped out of your back. I can't believe it! You have Dad's wings!"

Wings? Wings? What wings?

"I have Mom's, she was half hawk. But, Dad, he was half bat."

Big, feathery wings popped out of his back. They came out in a second, no pain. Everyone backed away from him. "Becca, we belong to the unknown, i'm not saying the name in front of them."

I felt a hand, on my right, well, wing. Going from the furthest end, to the closest.

"This, it's huge, yet it stayed in your body all this time." Maria said. "These two bat wings. But, Ethan, you said the mother was half hawk and the father was half Bat. How can that be? In the animal world, those two are basically enemies."

"Maria, Maria, I will now teach you the magics of love," Ethan laughed, "in our kind, the unknown, those two types we're enemies. But, they loved each other, that they rebelled and got married. Soon after, mother had my sister and I. When I was about... six years old, the authorities finally found my parents. Father told me to take my sister, who was also six, and hide. I watched them kill my parents Maria."

She was shocked, "How come Rebecca doesn't remember all this? Also, why didn't her powers and her wings show until now either?"

"Well, her powers, she finally believed  in our kind. For the memory, well let's just say they we're lost."