Chapter 7- Sound the alarm

I could hear screaming. I could hear muffling voices. I could hear them in my head. They were getting stronger and clearer. I felt weak, tears flooding my eyes. Sliding down the wall to the floor, wishing for my brother to be ok. What are they doing to him?

I put my head down, on my knees.  Soon the words came to me, I could hear,  Becca, if you can hear me, i'm sorry for not telling you about it earlier, I didn't mean for this to happen. Mom, Father, and I wanted you to live as normally as possible. Our kind lived in fear, we didn't want that for you.

I looked up, looking for Ethan. I didn't see him but, how did I hear him? What's wrong with me?

I herd the door open, it's Mathew.
"Getting emotional now?" He asked.
I didn't answer.
"Quiet now too." He put papers down, sitting down in the metal chair.
"Come sit." He demanded gently.

I stood up slowly and sat in the metal chair. Laying my head down, on my arms, on the table.
"Anything not normal happening yet?" He asked.

I shook my head. I lied.

Hmm, hopefully it comes soon, I herd.
I looked up, "What?"
He raises his eyebrows, "Hm."
Did he not say anything? I guess I'm hearing things. 

"When did your brothers magic start?" He asked.
"I don't know. Why don't you ask him yourself?" I stood up from the chair.
"Not at this very moment." He answered, looking down.
"Well, why not?" I asked, sitting down on the floor, by the wall.
"I can't tell you." He responded and stood up. Leaving the room.
Are they experimenting on him?

I took deep breaths, trying not to cry. Trying to look strong, be strong. I herd silence ,but footsteps on the other side of the wall. I stood up, looking into Ethan's holding room. The door opened. Two white men dropped him off on the floor. By the looks of it, he must've passed out. The door closed.

I herd the voice again, They're coming for you Rebecca. Run, run when you can. The voice, it stopped after that.

I herd my door open, it was heavy metal. Two men in white jackets came and took me. I screamed and tried to get out of their grip. They took me by my upper arms. Dragging me, across the cement floor, in the hallway. They took me in another room. But, this one was empty. The two men tossed me in, leaving me there, alone. Burnt circle marks were all over the walls, it has Ethan written all over it. Upper, on the wall, was a lonely, long and wide, piece of glass.

I could sense people there. One of them was Mathew. The voices, the senses, the controlling was just getting stronger and I want it to stop.

Strong winds were blowing at me in the room. I sat down, covering my ears. Wanting the winds to stop. I looked up to Mathew, where he must  be standing, and begged him to stop the winds.

Seconds later, they stopped. But, then came rain. A small drizzle. Okay, this isn't so bad. Rainy days were the best days to steal back at home. The rains grew stronger, the room became darker, flashes of white lights appeared also. A thunder storm. Are they trying to scare me? Because, the thunder storm route isn't working.

Then, strong winds came again. The rains grew even stronger. Like a hurricane. But, we don't have hurricane's in our city. We don't have tornado's either. Our city is surrounded by water. I sat there, covering my head, waiting it out.

An alarm was summoned. The hurricane stopped. The room was empty again. I herd yelling from the other side of the wall and distant screams. The heavy metal door opened, no one waited at the other side. Did Ethan get free?