Chapter 8

Last week was the best night in a long time. I can remember every detail of it. This week went really well, I showed my little - I shouldn't say little ;) - friend Kaiden around all week, we had so much fun laughing all the time and making fun of everyone in secret.

The best thing of the week is how exceptionally well things between Ian and I have been going, we've hung out every afternoon since that night and I don't regret a thing. Well I guess I do regret hitting the security guards penis, but let's never talk about that again.

I got into a whole heap of shit from my mum, I accidentally forgot that I was going to be hanging out with my dad that night. Apparently he had been waiting outside of the house for half an hour by the time my mum got home from work. They haven't talked in months, so let's just say things got really uncomfortable very fast.

I sent his a text apologizing, lying to him that I had completely forgotten about it because I was at the library revising for a test and that we should take a rain check. Clearly he doesn't know me well enough because me? Revising? Studying at all? Yeah I don't do that, but he seemed to believe me.

I hear a sudden knock on the door so I jump out of bed and open it, to my surprise it was Ian. "He-" before I could even greet him, our lips were merged into one. Did I mention things between us we're going really really well?

Kaiden and I agreed recently that what happened between us was a one time thing and that it wouldn't ruin our friendship in anyway. When it comes to Peter, well, I haven't talked to him these past few days. He's been quite distant and I don't know why.

I walked backwards pulling him in with me, he shut the door swiftly with his foot causing me to smile. "Ian" I said through a breath for air.

He made a 'mm' sound but kept kissing me as we made our way to my bed. I spun us around and pushed him onto the bed, he laid down and looked at me expecting me to take off my shirt, but I'm not about that life. Just kidding but not today.

I pushed him over and laid down next to him looked at him with my head on his chest. "My brothers are home, and you know that they would castrate you the minute they caught us."

He groaned causing me to laugh from the vibrations, I extended my neck as far as I could without snapping it (romantic right?), and pecked him on the lips. He wrapped his arm around me and starting running his fingers through my unbrushed hair, making it feel like the best massage in the world.

I sighed and relaxed into his hand, the moment was perfect. But like usual it was ruined by a knock on the door, "Yes?" I asked.

"It's John" he replied before opening the door, "Peters here."

I groaned and gave Ian a reassuring kiss. I walked out of the door and there before me stood Peter, I wonder what he could possibly want. He walked over closer to me until he was a few steps away.

"Jess, I want you back, I need you back. The only reason I came back was for you, I left to look after my dad but knew I was coming back to you."

Before I could reply Ian began talking, "That's the excuse you've been telling her?" I looked at him with confusion, "he wasn't down there looking after his dad, after he went down to take care of his dad the last time, I wouldn't be wanting to go down again."

I looked over at Peter with a confused face, "What's he talking about Peter? And don't lie to me."

"I-I was going to tell you, but I knew you would hate me."

"If I was her and I knew my boyfriend had gotten an Australian one night stand pregnant I would hate you too." Ian butted in.

That can't be true, but he was gone for over a year. Plus ages before he went down, he told me his dad was recovering really well. It better not be true.

"Is this true Peter? I honestly just want the truth, if you lie and I find out later you lied this is going to be a whole lot worse." I threatened.

"Okay okay, when I went down there for the first time we were having a fight, and the doctors were saying my dad was slowly dying from cancer. My world was crashing down and I went out drinking, I met Ashley and we got too friendly at first and kissed. I thought it was just going to end in the kiss but it went further."

"Yeah, you got her pregnant. You couldn't even use the decency to wear a condom, you just had to ruin another girls life." I started stopping him from continuing, "I honestly just want you out of this house. Go back to Australia for all I care, because we were never going to be getting back together, I'd waited too long. Once I got a taste of what I had been missing out on last week, I knew there was no going back. So now you should just accept that and leave, don't make this any harder than what it has to be."

He went to say something but stopped himself and sighed, running a hand through his hair. A tear escaped my right eye, but I wiped it off straight away. He turned around and walked out slamming the door behind him, I walked over to Ian and hugged him while letting out everything I was holding back.

He cheated on me. The hardest thing is that he didn't tell me, but yet lied to me and went down there to raise his child with its mother. He even had the nerve, the nerve, to ask me to wait for him. It's over, it's over for good, there's no turning back now.

All I know is that Ian wouldn't do that to me, the good thing is that even though we aren't in a relationship he's still being loyal to me. There are no strings attached but he's chosen to only play around with me. I love that. I need that.