Chapter 5

The picture is of Jessie's dress, also the curly hair.
---------------------------------------
As I make my way to my mums work, 1864, themed ball in a rented limo. Yes, that's right, I said limo. I've never been inside a limo before and have only dreamt about it.

Maybe I'm just making a big deal out of it. I don't care, it's amazing, black leather seats, a little mini fridge. I reach over and open it, grabbing a fanta. Sadly this mini fridge has no liquor, I know, what a disgrace to all mini fridges.

But I'm just glad to be experiencing this with my brothers and mum. I have on a gorgeous green dress that falls all the way to the floor, in which I had to order online from France, believe it or not, and you do not want to know how much it costed me. My hair is in tight curls which took me like an hour to do, with light makeup.

As the car parks outside of an expensive building, my brothers all get out first. Mark helps my mum out of the car swiftly, like the gentlemen he is. I hope you noticed my sarcasm.

As I go to get out of the car thinking no ones going to help me, a hand sticks out in front of me. I look up hoping to see a Prince Charming, but find that the hand belongs to Ryder.

I take his hand and give him a big grin which he mirrors, before coming down and whispering in my ear, "No dancing with strange boys alright? If you want to dance I'm here."

I roll my eyes at his protectiveness and start to walk in, following my mum and brothers until I feel a hand in the small of my back leading me in. I sigh to myself knowing this is Ryder's way of telling people I'm off limits.

As we walk in I notice how amazing these events are. I take in the scenery before me, looking around like a child at a new park. This has obviously been planned out by a professional, and that professional being my mother.

The walls and posts are white and gold, the tables have white table cloths and gold silver ware. Everyone is either on the dance floor or drinking and mingling, no one is eating yet and I frown a bit knowing I can't have food for a while.

I spot my mum walking over to her business partners and my brothers all walking over to the bar. I turn around and see Ryder looking at something intently behind me.

I look at what he's staring at and see one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen. She's wearing a dark purple dress that flows to the ground (like every other dress here), her hair is curled perfectly and put up in a half up half down hair-do.

I notice her staring back at my brother, she smiles and waves. I look at Ryder and see him smiling, "Go, talk, dance, and have fun with her. I'm fine, don't miss your chance with a gorgeous girl that could be my future sister in law." I insist.

He looks at me warily but nods before scurrying off to the mystery maiden. All alone, I walk around the area searching for a table with my name on it, but have no luck.

I decide to sit anywhere for now until I can find my mum, so I do, and it's relaxing. Just as I get comfortable someone speaks up from behind, "Excuse me ma'am, but I believe your sitting in my seat."

"Oh! I'm sorry, I-" I jump out of the seat the come face to face with a brown eyed boy. I search for my words but I can't seem to make anything come out.

He chuckles and puts his drink down, I swear I've seen him before, wait a second- "It's alright, I never said you had to get up, fair maiden." He says, interrupting my thoughts.

I smile at him and start to move away when he calls after me, "Running away huh?"

"Oh no I wasn't-"

"Thought you had finished doing that." Thought I had finished doing that? What does he mean?

"I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean." I reply turning around to face him. He looks awfully familiar but I can't put his face to a name.