Chapter 3

Hey guys, the picture above/to the side is Jessie. I would like to give a shout out to faith_piegza, her story 'friends by chance sisters by choice' it's kicking off really good. Its based in college so there's a twist, it's not only about two girls as it may seem, like always there are hot, sweet and romantic bad boys in it too, cue the drama! "Hand me my popcorn" anyways Enjoy.
---------------------------------------
I can't believe Ian killed my cat. Theodor was the only one who could listen to my problems. That might sound stupid but you didn't know Theodor like I did.

He would sit on my bed intensity staring at me when I told him my problems, when I cried he would cuddle up with me, when I was feeling happy he would always be in a hyper mood and play with me, but most of all when I was angry and wanted to punch someone he would put his paw on my hand and stroke it, instantly calming me down.

At the moment I was getting ready for school. Mum thought it would be a good idea to be around my friends instead of lounging around at home all alone. Let me take you back to the day it happened.

: Flashback :

"D-Did you j-just" I stuttered, looking at Theodor's collar. I squeezed it in my hands and let out a small sob. Ian then walked towards me and went to pull me into an apologetic hug.

"No!" I yelled walking backwards, "No, don't touch me."

"Please Jessie, I wasn't focusing. I looked away for one minute and..."

"And you killed my cat! I knew you could fight, but I never thought you'd be stupid enough to fight a fricken cat and kill MY Theodor."

With that I let out another sob and walked back towards my house. Everyone was just frozen in place from when it all happened.

I heard Ian mutter something under his breath but I only caught 'shit!'. But at that moment I didn't care what he had to say, he took my cats life.

Tammie was the first to move, she walked over to me and pulled me into a strong hug, comforting me by just saying my name.

: End of flashback :

And back to the present. I never thought I'd loose Theodor, well I knew he would eventually pass but never like this. All day Sunday I was eating and crying, I would have been planing his funeral but he was torn to shreds.

One day I'll forgive Ian, knowing it was an accident. But for now I can't even stand the sight of him.

+++

"Jessie!" Lucy squealed. I ran into her arms with a happy smile on my face. All day I've been giving people fake smiles, but this one, this ones real.

I haven't seen her all holidays since she was in Rome with her family on a business trip. We squeezed each other while everyone around us kept taking glances. (They obviously heard about Theodor).

Lucy noticed and being who she is went into what people call 'bitch mode' and glared at the ones that were looking. Them being the people they are got scared and instantly looked away.

"You have to tell me all about Rome! I can't believe my mum didn't let me go with you." I whined.

"Me too." she pouted. She dragged me into a deserted classroom before grinning widely at me, "I heard Ian's going to ask someone to the masquerade ball!".

"Ugh, don't talk about that despicable human being" I uttered in disgusted.

"Aww Jess, I heard about Theodore and I'm so sorry. Ian came up to me this morning asking if I had seen you but I said no of course."

"I will forgive him one day, just definitely not today.....or tomorrow or the next day for a matter of fact." I stated. We walked to the library and continued talking.

We both had third period free, so we talked about her time in Rome and then we started talking about guys. I didn't mind because it helped me take my mind away from Theodor.

I would never get over my cats death, but I will soon accept it and try to move on. Uggh great now I'm thinking of him again. I noticed that the tardy bell went off and that Lucy was already scurrying off to class.

Immediately I knew where this was going to lead. So I made my way to detention. "Ah Jessie" Mr Hood spoke from his chair.

I walked over to him and did our usual handshake. Weird I know, but I'm kind of really close to Mr Hood. I was always getting detentions in year 10 from Mrs Shrewer so eventually Mr Hood and I became close seeing as we had to spend hours together.

"Still looking as good as ever Tom." Yes, I call him my his first name.

"Flirting with the teaching in front of someone aye, tsk tsk tsk" I heard a masculine voice say from the back of the room.

I look over and saw him. My best friend Oliver, "Well at least I know I have a heart" I teased. Oliver's one of the most popular guys in the school because of all of his pranks. Here, right in front of my very eyes, is the god of pranks people.

He smirked at me and stood up from his seat walking towards me. Since Oliver's my best friend, I know a lot about guys. He told me once while we were in detention that guys are never just friends with girls, they put them in categories.

There's category number 1, where the guy sees you as girlfriend and future wife material. Number 2, girls who are related so they're stuck with them anyway. Number 3, just simply a good fuck (excuse my French). Lastly, Number 4, a girl they'd just fuck in a zombie apocalypse.

I already know which category I stand in with Oliver, clearly because he told me. That category is runner up number 3. Now, some people would feel hurt, but not me.

Maybe it's the fact that we've already gotten down and dirty, or maybe it's the fact that we're best friends. I don't know, but either one. You may be thinking that it's gross that I had sex with my best friend, that I consider as another brother to me.

I would think that too if we had done it while we were best friends. But we weren't best friends at the time, we were actually just fellow school mates.

I lost my v-card to Oliver and he lost his to me when we were 16 in year 10 (if you haven't guessed we were and still are the eldest, a year older than everyone). Everyone was doing it so we decided to do it.

After that we did it a few more times before we stopped, and I guess the sex is what made us so close. You know, the fact that we've seen each other naked when we were 16 a whole bunch of times, is basically seeing each other's insecurities. I run up to him and jump.

He easily catches me, I get comfortable on him with my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. I smile cheekily and he starts to realize what I'm about to do.

But before he could do anything I start my magic work on him. I trace my lips up his neck and make my way to the soft spot under his chin.

He makes a low growling noise before letting out a strict 'no'. I laugh at him and untangle myself hopping down on the floor and sitting on a desk next to him.

And now comes everything that happened over the holidays. Literally everything.