Chapter 02; Field Trip

Start from the beginning

"Casey," Katie called, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I blinked a few times and turned my attention to her. "Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" She asked quietly. It was then that I noticed the doctor next to her, who wasn't standing anywhere near us a few minutes ago.

I nodded my head as I looked back to her again. "Yeah, why?"

"Because you zoned out and someone is texting you, but you didn't even hear it." She explained and folded her arms in front of her chest. "Are you sure you're okay?"

I nodded and showed her a small smile. "Yeah, it must be Ashley." I answered, while grabbing my phone. I sighed in annoyance as I prepared myself for Ashley her annoying texts, but smiled immediately when I saw the name of the person that texted me. I unlocked my phone, the smile on my face becoming wider.

Message from baby : Hey babe

Message from baby   : What are you doing?

I focused on my phone and started typing fast.

Message to baby : Currently nothing, but I'm on the fieldtrip so I'll be busy in a few again. Why? And why are you sending multiple different texts and not all in once Jake?? Why do you have to be like this!!

I chuckled as I clicked on send. I installed that my phone was on buzz instead of the annoying sound and shoved in my pocket. My eyes fell on the docter standing next to Katie, who was watching the childeren sing. I wasn't going to ask Katie about it right now, but I would when he wasn't near.

I felt my phone buzz inside my pocket, which I immediately grabbed and unlocked.

Message from baby : Wow, I texted to have a good time, but I feel so attacked right now. Well, I hope you have fun on your field trip, but what about having more fun with me tonight?

I giggled quietly and felt my cheeks burn from heat. That was only something Jake could manage. I breathed in and started typing.

Message to baby : Is the Jake Riley asking me on a date after 100000 years?

Message from baby : Only because it's you babygirl

Message to baby : Should I feel special then?

Message from baby :Hell yeah

Message from baby : I have to go, I'll call you

I wanted to reply, but got interrupted my Katie putting her hand on my arm. I looked up to her with my eyebrows furrowed in confusion, until I noticed that the children were done and walking off the stage. I shoved my phone in my pocket and walked over to Bailey.

"And Cassie? How did I do it?" Bailey asked as she stood infront of me.

I smiled as I stroked her hair softly. "You did amazing." I replied and looked to the other children, who were watching us. "You all did."

"Come on kids," Katie called and everyone's attention was on her. She pointed to the doctor who was standing next to her earlier. "Let's follow Dr. Carver."

The kids listened to her and followed the doctor, who was walking up front. He was busy answering the questions's of the kids upfront. I on the other hand was walking at the end with Katie. I looked over to Katie and leaned closer into her. "That isn't docter Sanders."

"It's docter Bobby Carver, he's gonna bring us to the tour instead." She answered back.

"Where is docter Sanders?" I asked confused, and glanced at Dr. Carver for a second.

"MIA," she answered short.

"Wait," I mumbled as I furrowed my in confusion. "How does a docter go MIA in a hospital?"

Katie chuckled and shrugged her shoulders. "Tell me about it."

I kept my mouth shut for the rest of the tour and followed the children and the doctor. I still questioned the conflict about the doctor change, but decided to let it go and started to pay attention to the tour.

***

"Thirteen, fourteen," I counted the last two children sitting in the back and turned around. I looked over to Katie, who was standing next to the bus driver. "We can go Kate, we're all here!"

"Okay Ray, we can go." Katie said while she turned around.

Ray started to the engine and I walked to the front to sit next to Bailey. I slowly sat down until I heard someone call for us. "Stop! Stop!"

The bus stopped and I shut up from my seat. The engine of the bus stopped and I glanced over to the window to see Doctor Carver in front of the closed door. Ray opened the door of the bus and the doctor stepped in. "I'm sorry, but I have to ask you guys to come back in."

I furrowed my eyebrows and walked to the front next to Katie. Katie opened her mouth to talk, but I already beat her to it. "Why? I mean, we're already late."

"Please, I can't let you go." He replied as he recovered from all that running. "We'll explain once everyone gets back inside."

I opened my mouth to speak, but this time Katie beat me to it. "You heard the doctor." She spoke out loud as she looked to the children, who all were groaning out of annoyance this time.

"Wait a minute." Ray spoke and got out if his seat. "Britney!" He called as he searched for his daughter.

"Wait," the doctor called and we all looked over at him. "You have to come too, sir. While you move inside, you'll all need to keep four to six feet apart."

I looked over go Katie and sighed loudly. The doctor got out first and then Ray. Katie and I stood by the door of the bus waiting for the kids to come out one by one. I eyed Katie, who already was looking. The last two children stepped out of the bus, who were Bailey and Quentin.

"Cas?" Bailey whispered as she stood beside me, but with some space between us. I looked down at her, my attention fully on her. "Is our field trip not over, yet?"

"Well Bailey," I began, with a fake smile on my face so she wouldn't be worried. "It looks like our field trip has been extended."

******
Hey guys! So here is chapter 2 finally after 2000 years. I missed you all so much and I'm so happy to be back. I had a lot of things in real that needed my attention like, my work, my intership, my school, my exams and our wifi didn't work for a month or two. But now I'm back and better! I hope you all will like the second chapter, like and comment so I can know whats good and not and I will speak to you all in the next chapter. Love y'all