Chapter 01; Home

One day before the outbreak

"I love this," I mumbled as I intertwined my fingers with those of Jake's. I lifted his hand up slowly and placed a lightly kiss on the back of his hand.

"What?" He questioned as he looked down to me from the tv. His blue eyes piercing into mine as his eyebrows were knitted together confused.

"This," I began as I held our hands up for a moment. "I love these moments where we just lay down in our underwear with our hands intertwined and our legs all tangled together. I love laying on your chest and listening to the beat of your heart. I love your arms wrapped around me, it makes me feel safe. Like I'm home."

And it's true, I felt like I was home when I was with him, I always felt safe in his arms. Being with him always gave me those amazing feelings. Like I was safe, like I was falling in love all over again.

He took his hand out of mine and placed it on my cheek. He pulled my face closer to his, placing a light kiss on my lips. It was always hard for Jake to express his love into word, since he was a very guarded person. We've been dating for a couple of years now and he never have said the three words I was dying to hear. It was not his fault, nor that of mine. He rather just showed his love it than saying it, and I was perfectly fine with that.

Jake closed the TV, making me look up to him in confusion. He placed the remote control on his nightstand. He looked back to me, a small smile plastered on his face. "Are you tired?"

"Hmm," I hummed while I pursed my lips together. My finger moved under to my chin automatically as I faked like I was thinking hard about his question. "Am I tired? I don't know, am I?"I mumbled as Jake chuckled softly and pulled me into his bare chest. I placed my hand onto his chest and pulled myself away from his grip. "Actually, I'm hungry."

"We can make pizza," he suggested and got out of bed. He walked over to his closet and grabbed a sweatpants. My eyes never left him as I watched him put on his sweatpants. His eyes met mine, thefamiliar smile I like so much about him on his face again. "I'll be in the kitchen."

I nodded my head as I swung my legs to the floor. Jake left the room as I walked over to his closet. My eyes searched for my favorite shirt of Jake. It was his "Atlanta Police" shirt that fitted him perfect. It was one of my favorite shirts because this was the shirt he was wearing when we first met. When I didn't know I would end up being in a relationship with one of Lex his best friends.

A smirk plastered on my face and my eyes stopped at the sight of the shirt. Which hung in the middle of his closet. I grabbed it out of the closet and I threw the clothes hanger on his bed. A soft sigh escaped my mouth when I put it on. The smell was a combination of detergent and Jake his own scent. Which is my favorite smell of all time.

I waddled down the stairs as the smell of delicious pizza filled my nostrils. The delicious smell guided me to the kitchen, where Jake was standing by the oven. I jumped onto the kitchen island, my eyes never leaving Jake. Who was looking at the pizza trough the window of the oven.

Jake turned around and walked over to me. He stood in between my legs and placed his hands on my bare legs, what caused lightly goosebumps. He looked down at the shirt that I was wearing and a smile grew on his face. "That looks better on you than it does on me."

"Hmm," I hummed and pressed my lips into a thin line. I shook my head slowly as I placed my hands on his arms. "I really don't know about that."

He laughed while nodding his head. He turned his head to the oven for a second and looked back at me. "Are you going to stay?"

"Nope," I replied as I shook my head. "I have to work tomorrow, and I promised Abby to sleep with her tonight. She's probably waiting on me right now."

"Well," Jake began and he backed away towards the oven. "Let's eat before it gets late."

***

I walked up the three steps of our porch with Jake behind me. This was a thing he did when he brought me home, walking with me to the front door to be sure that I was safe. I turned around to Jake when I stood at our door, while he stood down by the porch. "You know, you didn't have to come all the way to the door."

"I know, but I want to make sure my girlfriend gets home safe."

I chuckled softly, not wanting to wake my parents or the others up. I walked closer to Jake to give him a goodnight kiss, but my head turned around when the door opened slowly. Revealing Bailey at the door, her favorite Monkey cuddly toy in her hand. "Kassie, is that you?" She asked in a sleepy voice, while she rubbed her eye with the back of her hand.

Bailey's eyes widened at the sight of Jake, she became wide awake and ran to Jake. Who was already standing in his position to catch her and spin her around. One of the many favorite things in my life to see was Jake with Bailey, or with kids in general. "Are you staying?" Bailey asked and wrapped her arms around Jake his neck.

Jake shook his head and lifted her a little bit up so she didn't fall. A smile plastered down on his face as he looked from me to Bailey. "Not today little princess." Jake replied and placed a kiss on her forehead. He placed her down onto the ground and looked back at me. "Is there something you want before I go?"Jake asked and I shook my head and pulled Bailey under my arms. Jake nodded and glanced down to Bailey. "What about you?"

"I want ice cream and-"

"Nothing," I interrupted her and glanced down to her with both of my eyebrows raised. I knew that she would ask a lot because she's a kid, but it was too late for her to eat. I looked back to Jake with a small smile. "She wants nothing, but thanks anyway."

He smirked as he nodded his head. He walked up the stairs of the porch and placed a kiss on my cheek. He squatted down before Bailey, and whispered something in her ear. Bailey jumped of happiness as Jake walked back off the porch. He turned back around to us with a smile on his face. "Good night my ladies."

"Good night, Jake!" Bailey replied and waved her hand furiously. He walked away to his car, while he waved to us. Bailey and I waved back, before walking inside the house. Both happy and satisfied with our good night kiss.

******
The first chapter of Contagious, I'm so excited! I hope you all like this little intro which I wanted to make cute and stuff before things go down hill but as you can see.. I suck at it, so you guys have to deal with it... I know that it took really long before I released a chapter, but I haven't finished watching Containment. So, I need to do that as soon as possible. Well, vote, comment, let me know what you think. Love you all (: