Chapter Twenty-Seven

This chapter is reeeeeeaaaaally long sorryyyyy

There was a loud pounding that brought Alison out of her deep slumber. She lifted her head and blinked her eyes open. Had it been a dream? Nope, there it was again.

Alison groaned and buried her face in her pillow. She didn't want to get up. An arm around her tightened and Alison turned her head and smiled at Emily's beautiful sleeping face. As expected, they were completely entangled in each other. Alison leaned forward to kiss her when the loud banging interrupted her.

"Ugh, fine!" she muttered, getting off the bed as gently as she could so as not to wake Emily. She pulled on a pair of short shorts and her tank top.

She walked to the front door and opened it, not bothering to check who was on the other side.

"What?" she snapped, then her eyes opened wide. "Uh, hi! What are you guys doing here?"

Jessica and Kenneth DiLaurentis gave their daughter a once over and she sheepishly stepped back and allowed them into her apartment, trying to flatten her very obvious bed hair. She closed the door behind them and her eyes widened when she saw her dress, panties and shoes lying on the floor. She quickly bent down and picked them up.

"Um, sorry, I wasn't expecting you," Alison mumbled. "Um, just gonna go put this in my room."

"All right, sweetheart," Jessica said with a smile.

Alison tried to smile casually and turned around.

"Ali! What on earth happened to your back?" Jessica cried in horror, lifting her daughter's tank top higher.

"What do you mean?" Alison asked in confusion. "I can't see."

"There are all these red lines. They look almost like scratches."

Alison jumped away from her mother and blushed, pulling her tank top down in embarrassment. "Uh, must be an allergic reaction or something."

"Ali, what's that on your neck?" Kenneth asked, joining the inspection.

Oh, God. Kill me now. Just kill me. I'm about to die of embarrassment.

"Uhhhhm," Alison mumbled.

She saw her mother's eyes widen as recognition hit her.

"Oh," she said softly. "Ali, are those...?"

"Mom!" Alison whined, sounding very much her old teenage self.

"Sweetheart, there's no need to be embarrassed. You're a grown woman. We understand that you have...needs."

"Oh, God, I'm not hearing this right now," Alison mumbled, hugging the clothes in her arms closer to her.

"I have no idea what's going on," Kenneth said in confusion, shaking his head and moving to sit on the couch.

Alison just spun around and practically ran into her bedroom. She leaned against the closed door and couldn't stop the smile spreading across her face at the sight of her girlfriend laying spread-eagled on her stomach across the bed. Her arm had gripped Alison's pillow and her face was mashed into it. The blonde felt her heart flutter at the memory of what they'd experienced the previous night. She didn't think it could've been any more perfect.

She dropped the clothes and shoes onto the floor and climbed onto the bed, trailing kisses up Emily's spine and pressing her body against hers.

"Hmmm," Emily mumbled, not moving.

"Stay sleeping, babe," Alison whispered. "I'll sort out some breakfast for us."

Ideally, she didn't want her parents to meet her girlfriend under such conditions. Obviously, they knew who Emily was, but Alison hadn't even told them that they'd rekindled their friendship let alone their relationship. Granted, they hadn't even been back together for twelve hours yet. Alison smiled at that. It felt like time had stood still for them. Everything was perfect.