.:Chapter 5:.

The clatter of metal against tile startled me as a metal tray of food was slipped under my door. My head throbbed from the previous therapy session I had undergone not twenty minutes before. Colour faded in and out of my vision as my headache began to get worse, my mind wandering the darkness that filled my head.

Images of Eddie filled my mind as I flopped back on my bed, a warm tingling sensation sparking through my body. The way his muscles flexed under his shirt, his strong but gentle grip, the way he looked at me... Closing my eyes I giggled remembering the sensation of him on my lips, his scent that drove me deeper into insanity.

"Ahem.." Billy coughed, slight annoyance in his voice. Opening my eyes I sat up eyeing Billy as he picked up the trey of food and brought it over to me.

"I miss him..." I whispered more so myself than to Billy but he seemed to think that I was talking to him.

"He misses you to. I seen him the other day, he goes on and on about you through out his therapy sessions." Picking up a plastic fork he began to poke at the soggy food that was sloshed onto the plate.

"Really? I hope I see him soon..." Smiling to myself I began picturing him taking me into his arms and kissing me, tell me how we would get out of here and live happily ever after.

"Oh Im sure you will." Shooting Billy a look, I began to wonder what he ment. Just as I was about to question him, he shook his head cutting me off with his hand and a laugh.

Billy had kept me company for the last few weeks that I had been transferred into what seemed like some type of underground lab. The therapy sessions and isolation from actual people had taken its tole, but having Billy to talk to had kept my sanity in check.

Very few women were present in Mount Massive, at least I hadn't seen any. So I suspected that they had rather died, been transferred, or had succumb to their illness or to the abuse from the other patients. Billy had explained to me that the male patients that resided down here were left to roam a common area at the other side of the lab, but the female patients were kept in their cells.

I wasn't sure is this was a plan in order to keep the women safe, or just to drive us more insane. What I was sure of on the other hand, is that I had become very distant and lonely without Eddie at my side.

"Oh your going to like this..." Billy snickered, glancing up to the door. I shot him a questioning look before he vaporized and the door to my room swung open. A female physician stepped into my room a nervous look on her face as she hugged white towels to her chest.

"Um... Jackie isn't it? Umm we have the shower booked for you if you want to shower..." She fumbled nervously with the towels that slung over her arm, her eyes holding a genuine fear towards me.

"Oh, ah sure." Furrowing my brows in slight confusion, still not understanding what Billy had meant with 'your going to like this' I got to my feet and walked towards her.

Leading me into the plastic wrapped hall, we walked for a few moments in complete silence before I spoke up.

"Why are the female patients kept in our cells while all the men get to roam around?" Shock filled her widened eyes as she glanced over to me a look of 'how did you know that' on her face.

"They um... They don't want the girls to get beaten or raped by the guys. The guards can't always control some of the men so it is safer this way..." Her voice was soft and her words were slow as if she was trying not to provoke me.

"Have you ever been isolated in a room with only a bed?" Before she could reply I continued. "Its not very fun and not having anyone to socialize with makes our whole situation worse." Sympathy laced her expression as she lowered her gaze to the grey cement floor.

"I see, I-Im sorry. I will bring it up with my supervisor and try to have something done about that." Coming to a stop, she opened a heavily locked door labelled 'showers', motioning for me to go in. Handing me the towels she was holding, she forced a small smile.

"You don't have to be afraid of some of us you know, were not all psychotic." Walking into the room she closed the door behind me, the lock clicking loudly. Sighing I headed towards one of the large stalls, stripping down before closing the door behind me.

Warm water soothed my pale skin as I cleaned up, savouring the sensation of the water trickling down my body. Turning the water off, I wrapped myself in one of the towels and headed out of the stall. I stood in front of a counter with a mirror, trying to dry my hair with a smaller towel before wiping fog off the mirror.

Gasping, I stared at the reflection of a figure that stood behind me. It took a second, but I smiled twirling to meet the familiar face.

Eddie stood behind me, shirtless with asylum sweats on. He smiled widely as our eyes met. His face wasn't bruised or cut anymore and was back to being its handsome self.

"Darling..." His husky voice sent chills up my spine as he pulled me towards him, his fingers tracing my cheek as he looked me over.

"Eddie! I missed you so much!" Trying to contain my excitement, I hid my face in his bare chest, taking in his scent. His arms wrapped around me as he swayed us slowly side to side, calming me down. He chuckled, resting his head on top of mine. My wet hair began to curl around his hand as his fingers cupped the back of my head, holding me closer to him.

"I tried to come back for you but they locked me up. Im so sorry Darling." Pulling away from him I noticed a regretful glint in his pastel blue eyes. They almost seemed unreal, as if deep within there was a darker presence cloaking its self with Eddie's flesh.

"Eddie..." My breath hitched in my throat as his hand grasped the end of the small towel that barely reached my knee. His eyebrow raised as he leaned forewards, pulling me into a kiss. My heart began to flutter first with nerves, but shortly turned into fear as a foreign sent filled my nose. Pushing him away I stumbled back watching his passionate expression change to confusion.

"Darling? Whats the matter?" Reaching out to me he eyed me confused.

"Who the hell are you? Get away from me!" Yelling, I backed away from 'Eddie' not taking my eyes off of him. My knee's became weak as his skin began to strip away until all that was left was a dark misty mass.

"Oh Jackie... We could have had a fun time..." His voice contorted into that of a soft echoing voice similar to that of spirit voice.

"Billy?" My jaw hit the floor as I recognized one of the echoing voices. His misty face sprung a smile as he floated closer towards me, stopping inches from my face.

"Whats so good about Eddie hmm? He's a psychotic lunatic that killed his own wife. What do you think he will do to you once he hears that you have been with me this whole time? You think he will show you mercy? Ha. Don't come crawling to me when he wrings your neck." His cold tone bit into my heart, causing me to flee to the door I had entered in.

"Help!" Screaming I began to pound on the door, begging for someone to save me from Billy. A small click emitted from a hidden lock as the heavy door swung open revealing the female physician that had taken me here. Sprinting out I fled to my room not caring I was naked under a small towel.