.:Chapter 4:.

Feeling my head snap back I jumped up, my eyes quickly opening. Restraints on my legs and arms held me to a wheelchair, two physicians accompanying me down the dim hallway. I attempted to speak but I was to indulged in the struggle of trying to keep my head up from the dizzy fog that clouded my mind.

Entering an elevator the physicians stayed silent, only glancing to me when they realized I was concious.

"Where are you taking me?" I muttered, my voice soft as I struggled to stay awake. They only glanced at me when I spoke, returning their attention to the elevator doors as they opened. I was wheeled into a plastic wrapped hallway that was lit by small single lights that protruded from the roof. My vision faded in and out as they pushed me along, heading into a lab looking area.

Long jars filled with limbs, heads and organs startled me as I looked around. One physician held my head in place as the other filled a glass with a clear liquid from a tube. Attempting to pull away I struggled as the liquid was forced down my throat, the only sound coming from me was gurging. As their grip was released I threw my head forewords, sputtering for air as the left over liquid drained from my throat. My vision faded as I passed out once more.

Sitting up I grabbed my throbbing head, wincing as it squeezed my brain. I was not in my normal cell, but a smaller one with just a bed and tiny window on the door. Trying the door knob I huffed in frustration realizing it was locked. Turing around, I paced back to my bed sitting down on it holding my head once more. A small chuckle from in front of me caught my attention. A boy around the age of nineteen stood at the end of my bed, his head tilted as he eyed me.

"Who are you, and why am I here?" Examining the boy I noticed his asylum jumpsuit was worn and torn, his numbers smudged away.

"My names Billy. Im not sure why your here but its probably the same reason I'm here." He shrugged his short blond hair waving slightly. His hazel eyes looked me over before he hoped on the bed and sat in front of me. He could not be my cell mate since there was only one bed so he had to be an illusion... Right?

"Im Jackie." Raising an eyebrow at his actions, I scooted back on the bed slightly to put a larger distance between us, not sure about him. Billy didn't seem to mind as he merely smiled and shook his head.

"What are you in for?" He chuckled, eyeing me over slowly before settling on my eyes. Furrowing my brows in confusion I shook my head, never in my life had one of my illusions asked about my condition. Awe struck me as Billy seemed oddly intrigued to hear my response, but I guess there was a first for everything.

"I see things that others cant." I replied dully adding 'like figures like you' in my head amusing myself in the process. Billy's mouth twitched in deep thought as he tilted his head, his eyes wandering the room.

"Thats intresting... I can 'leave my body' persay, and manifest in some kind of spirt form. Or so they tell me." His eyes locked with mine once more before he bound to his feet, pacing the small room. His bare feet slapped against the grey tiling, his pace slow but allowed him to stride from one end of the cell to another.

"Uh-hu." I breathed, my eyes following him. The air grew eerily silent sending chills up my spine, not even distant screams echoed. I had never been this far down in Mount Massive and as of late, it scared me. It seemed that very few patients were kept down here and had worse conditions then everyone on the higher levels.

"Oh look..." Stopping at the window, Billy peered out his head obscuring my view.

"What?" Getting to my feet I walked over to him, the cold tiles stinging my warm feet. As he moved from the window I took his place, watching as shadows formed on the plastic wrapped walls. Soft grunting and sounds of a struggle became audible as a small group of physicians rounded a corner, annoyed looks on their faces.

A man bound by shackles at his ankles and arms held by two guards followed the group, occasionally pulling from the grasp of the gaurds, only to be pulled back with force. As they walked down the hallway toward my cell my heart began to beat faster, butterflies rising in my stomach as I realized who they held. His lip was split and his right eye badly bruised as his normally neat hair hung over his forehead. There being lead down the hall was a bloodied and battered Eddie.

My heart ached seeing him like this. We hadn't been acquainted since last week when we had shared a kiss, and a slap in the face on Eddies account. We had been forced apart when heading back inside and locked in our cells, unable to see or communicate with eachother. A few days after I had been heavily drugged after a therapy session and brought down here.

As they drew near I began to bang at my cell door, trying to get Eddie's attention. He licked at his bloodied lip, only to have the deep split pool with blood moments after. Rising his head to find the source of the loud banging his eyes widened, a smile curling the edges of his mouth. Ripping away from the guards, he stumbled towards me egger to see me once more.

"Darling!" Practically yelling in excitment, he pressed himself against my door as if trying to slip through it.

"Eddie!" I cooed, putting my hand over his that he pressed against the glass. Growling in frustration he began to fight the guards as they restrained him once more, pulling him away from the window.

"Get off of me you sick fucks!" He yelled thrashing about in his attempts to break free once more. "I will be back my love!" Pressing myself against the door, I watched them drag him down the hall until he disappeared from my view. Closing my eyes I rested my head against the door with a sign, my heart becoming heavy as I realized he was now in more danger.

"Darling...?" A questionable voice arose from beside me. I had forgotten Billy was even here, his cold hand grasping my shoulder.

"Yeah." Turning to him he gave me a suggestive look, eyes shining dully. "We have been through a lot together..."

"I understand." His face held a solemn look before scrunching up in discomfort. "I can't stay, they are comming." Within seconds he faded away, leaving me alone in my tiny cell.