Emotion Progress 36: Dream

Start from the beginning

"Not so fast!" Naruto shouted, quickly running after him. He heard something like chains clatter together. When he turned to his side, still running, he barely dodged several glowing chains before they could collide with him. 

He skidded onto the ground, now facing Sasuke. The two boys followed the chain's path as it retracted. When they reached their source they were surprised so to say. 

Rin stood there with an emotionless facade. A dark aura surrounding her as she held the Shinigami blade in one hand. Her Mou-moku spun to life once they set eyes on her target. "Rin..." Sasuke murmured incredulity. Naruto couldn't think of anything to say surprisingly. 

He just gasped and stared at her in utter disbelief. 

"How are you still alive?" Sasuke questioned. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't at least a bit relieved she hadn't died, but he had to be cautious. She could be a reanimation, she could be a fake. 

"Rin..." Suigetsu gasped. Karin and Jugo were also taken aback by her appearance.  "Where's that idiot been!" Karin screamed in feigned anger. In truth, she was quite happy to see the emotionless girl. 

"That's not Rin..." Orochimaru murmured, gaining the attention of the others. "Huh? What're you talking about Snake?" Suigetsu questioned. "That's merely an outer shell of Rin." He responded, his eyes never leaving the girl. 

"Just a doll." 

"Sasuke....do me a favor..." she said softly, ignoring their surprise looks. In a blink of an eye, she appeared behind Sasuke. "Fight hard." Rin swung the Shinigami sword down on Sasuke, aiming to cut off his head. 

"RIN!" Naruto screamed mortified.

Sasuke, in a rushed decision, used his Sharingan to transport to his own sword that was embed a few yards away in the earth. 'What the hell is going on?' He thought incredulously. Rin's blade still ended up hitting the earth, creating a large slit in the ground.