Ready, Set, WAIT!!- Sasuke special!

Chapter 7: What's so special about her?

I'm going to be posting these little special chapters that retell certain parts of the story from another person's point of view. This entire chapter is from Sasuke's point of view! Let's see what our emo Uchiha thinks of Hikari ;) Going back to before graduation. Enjoy my lovelies!

-----

I didn't understand it. She was one of the only girls who didn't fan over me. On one level, it was nice, but on another, it was unnerving. Hinata was quiet and we ignored each other, but Hikari openly expressed her dislike for me. Like she was right now during shuriken practice.

"Sasuke, you're so cool!" the other girls in our class screamed after my perfect performance. It was only because Itachi had- I glared at the ground as that Naruto failed as usual.

"Ooooo...." I looked up and saw more shuriken stuck in the log, perfectly placed in the spaces between mine. I saw Iruka-sensei patting a head covered in red. She turned towards us and my eyes narrowed. Hikari Yami was getting more praise than I was. Why? I did it perfectly, too...

"Hika-chan, that was so cool!" I looked in surprise at Sakura and Ino, who were my biggest fangirls, and saw that they were talking happily to Hikari. What was it about her that was so special? How come I was forgotten already?

"Uchiha, do you want to train after school?" I narrowed my eyes at Hikari. She was standing in a relaxed fashion with a bored look on her face. Her eyes, however, seemed warm and inviting. I turned away, ignoring her, and heard Sakura and Ino going on and on about how brave Hikari was. I walked away, glancing back once, to see that I was forgotten again.

~~~~~

A few weeks later, I noticed that Hikari was gone. No one would talk about it. A few days passed and she still wasn't back. Naruto was also late that day. Sensei was about to yell at him, I could sense it, but nothing came. I looked at Naruto and saw that he was covered in scratches and there were bandages under his shirt. He apologized for being late and went to his seat in the back. Everyone looked at him in surprise. He was being so quiet.

"Does anyone know where Hikari is?" Sensei asked. No one answered, and then we heard someone crying. Everyone looked around, but it wasn't anyone who was in the room. I looked up above the board and the noise stopped. My eyes narrowed slightly. Someone was up there.

After school, I stayed behind and investigated the sign above the board. I saw that I could knock it off if I jumped high enough. I tried once, with a running start, but I didn't even touch it. I fell to the ground and heard shuffling. I scrambled onto Sensei's desk and faced the wall. A jump from here should be good. I jumped, and managed to knock the thing down. It clattered to the floor and I heard a cry of fright. I got back on the desk and barely saw a huddled form. I couldn't tell who it was, but I could tell he/she was shacking badly and watching me.

"Why are you up there?" I asked. There was silence. I sighed and stuffed my hands in my pockets. Someone walked in right then. I gave them an expressionless look, which was returned, and saw that it was a Jonin with silver hair in a strange style. He looked from me to the fallen sign and then to the person in the wall. He went and stood on the wall and reached for the person.

"Who are you?" I heard the person ask. The guy jumped to the floor and turned slightly, revealing red hair.

"Hikari?" I asked. Then they were gone. I blinked in surprise and then shrugged. I put the sign back, with some difficulty, and walked home.

Hikari Yami was in class the next day, ignoring me.

 ~~~~~

It was graduation day, and I knew I would pass. Hikari had gone first, and hadn't come back. She also hadn't even looked at me for over a year. Had that been her, crying in the wall?