Ready, Set, WAIT!!

Chapter 6- Some rather nasty people             

I’m skipping over the whole Land of Waves mission because I hate having to rewrite it so much to fit Hikari in. So, this starts about half way on their way back to Konoha in Hikari’s point of view. Enjoy

-----

I sighed as Uchiha and Naruto stared arguing again. I wasn’t bothered enough to find out what it was before I roundhouse kicked both of them. They flew across the road and crashed into some trees. I flinched at how much force I used. Where was all this strength and skill coming from? In the academy, I knew that I was highly skilled, second in the class in fact, but now I seemed to easily surpass Uchiha as time went on.

“Hikari, why did you do that?!” Sakura shouted as she ran over to the boys. She checked on Uchiha first, naturally, but saw that I’d hit Naruto harder and started cleaning him up. I smirked at Uchiha’s expression. The emotionless Uchiha was staring at Naruto and Sakura in amazement. Naruto was trying to shoo Sakura away, but she stayed, and he looked at her in shock too.

“Sakura-chan-“

“Shut up, Naruto. I’m trying to stop the bleeding.” He closed his mouth and I heard her mutter to him something about being really important to me, and that’s why she was doing it. Naruto fixed his gaze on me, and although I couldn’t read it, my face heated up and I was sure it matched my hair. I turned away and saw Kakashi laughing behind his book. My eyes narrowed and I ripped it out of his hands before he could react. He tried to get it back, but I was too fast. I laughed as his face fell when he realized his mistake in refining my speed. I’d seen Gai-san bragging about Lee, and knew that Kakashi wanted a student to compete with Lee, even if he wouldn’t admit it to anyone. I’d seen it in his eye and felt it in his aura.

“Hikari-chan, give Kakashi-sensei his book back so we can go home!” I heard Naruto shout. I then realized that Kakashi was chasing me through the trees by the road. I did a few quick hand signs and a clone appeared next to me. I was far enough away from Kakashi to give the clone the real book while it gave me a fake. We laughed and the clone went off to join Squad 7. I waited for Kakashi to catch up, which actually didn’t take that long. He stood on a branch, panting, and I giggled as the wind blew my scarf and hair around. My bangs fell in my eyes, and I quickly brushed them away, but he was already gone. I stiffened and closed my eyes. I searched and sifted through everything I felt around me and then I found him. My eyes snapped open while I threw some senbon needles towards him. He just barely dodged them, his mask getting a small cut in it. I heard him growl and he ran straight at me. I got in a low stance, but not for the obvious frontal attack. Just as I’d predicted, he flash behind me, and I struck out to punch his gut. He grabbed my fist and I used my momentum to propel myself over him, and landing a kick in his back. I felt his spine and ribs protest, and I suddenly stopped. I just hung there, frozen in midair. A total physics breaker right there. Kakashi let my hand go and he turned to look at me, wide eyed.

“Hikari-san?” His voice wavered and my eyes widened and I turned my head to look at him. There was Kakashi Hatake, one of the greatest jonin in the village, shaking at the sight of me. I closed my eyes and went to take a deep breath, but my chest suddenly constricted. I tried to cough, but my body just heaved. I was still floating in the air. I opened my eyes and looked at my body, and a strangled scream managed to escape my collapsing lungs. My entire body was encased in sand. I felt Kasai, my demon, roar in anger and power surged through my body. A blast of chakra broke my prison, and I fell to the ground. I coughed and gasped for air as I heard something in the distance scream like a strangled animal.

“Hikari!” I turned and saw Sakura right next to me, but she’d sounded so far away. Maybe the animal wasn’t either, and I became scared. I tried to push myself up, but my entire body shook. Everything around me started spinning and the colors burred together. Red and orange mixed with blue and green as I gripped my head. I squeezed my eyes shut as I felt someone pick me up. I could feel strong arms through thick material. My head fell against a chest, and I inhaled a strong scent of ramen mixed with blood. What a weird combination…