Ready, Set, WAIT!!

Chapter 2: We graduated? Yay!!

As Naruto and I sat at Ichiraku, racing to see who could eat more ramen, someone sat on the other side of Naruto. I looked around and recognized him immediately.

"Hi Mizuki-sensei!" He looked at me and glared but the smiled at Naruto. I blinked. Why did he glare at me? He whispered something to Naruto, causing him to drop his ramen.

"Really?!" Mizuki-sensei nodded and whispered some other things. I wished I could hear them. I never trusted him, but Iruka-sensei never believed me... I finished my bowl and paid for my food.

"Bye Naru-kun," I said as I left. He didn't notice, which hurt, and Mizuki noticed. He smirked at me which caused me to glare. It was decided. I ran to the academy trying to find Iruka-sensei. I found him doing paperwork in my class room.

"Iruka-sensei!" I shouted. He looked up surprised to see me.

"Hikari-san what are you doing here?" I ran up to his desk.

"Mizuki-sensei was talking to Naruto-kun while we were eating ramen. At first I didn't think anything of it, except that he glared at me for something, but then he started whispering stuff to Naruto and then had a suspicious look in his eye when I left." I took a deep breath. Wow I didn't know I could talk that fast. I studied Iruka's reaction, and was surprised to see that he actually believed me.

"Hikari-san did you manage to hear anything?" I shook my head and looked down.

"All I know is that Naruto was super happy about whatever it was." Iruka got a thoughtful look on his face. "Hey, Sensei, why do you suddenly believe me?"

"He's been acting off lately. Ok Hikari-san I have a mission for you." My head snapped up to look at him and my eyes got wide.

"A mission?! Yay!!" He laughed and put a hand on my head.

"Calm down. If you complete it, you can graduate." I smiled and stayed quiet. "You need to go find Naruto and figure out what Mizuki told him." I nodded, a serious look on my face. He let me go and I ran back to the ramen bar. I asked around for which way Naruto had gone. People kept giving me the strangest looks even before I mentioned him. What was all that about? Anyways, I followed their directions and found him sitting on the rooftop of out building, staring at the sunset.

"Naruto!" He looked at me and smiled as I tackled him.

"Hikari-san! Where did you go?" I shook my head.

"Doesn't matter. What did Sensei want earlier?" His grin got bigger as he looked around.

"You can't tell anybody ok? Sensei wanted me to tell you when we were alone like this." He then proceeded to whisper things about a Scroll of Sealing and how if we managed one jutsu from it, we would graduate. At the end, my eyes were super wide.

"Really?!?! That's awesome!" Then something hit me. "Wait, isn't that under heavy supervision in the Hokage building?" Naruto looked at me as if he had never thought of that. Then he smiled again.

"That's just testing our ninja abilities of stealth to get it." He winked and I felt my face heat up a little.

"Alright, we'll graduate for sure now. Believe it!" I winked back and we laughed and soon the sun was below the horizon. Naruto stood up and held out his hand.

"Let's go get our headbands now."

~~~~

We were off in the secret spot Mizuki had told Naruto about, reading the scroll.

"EHHH?! The first jutsu is one we already stink at!" we both complained. I jumped to my feet.

"Come on, Naruto, let's practice 'til we get it right!" He jumped up and put the scroll in the sling he had.