Frustrating Fellow Humans

"Ugh, I hate him. Why did I like him in the first place? What on earth did I even see in him?!"

"Are you ranting about that guy you have a massive crush on?"

"Had, Daniel, past tense. I absolutely do not like him, anymore!"

"You finally see what I saw, like 10 million years ago."

"Hmph."

"We can watch a movie and you can eat ice cream or whatever you girls do when go through a break up."

"..."

"Why are you turning red?"

"I wasn't dating him..."

"What? I thought you guys were!"

"Yeah well, you can't really call this a breakup if we weren't dating and if that person doesn't return your feelings."

"Elena..."

"What?"

"Just know that I'm here for you."

"Awww, thanks but it's fine, really. Nobody died so I'm fine."

"Wish I could take your hurt away."

"That's sweet of you but I am a strong woman and I can handle anything."

"I don't doubt that for a second."

"I... I just don't understand why people do this to me."

"What do you mean?"

"You know, play with my feelings. He just turned out be another player."

"Not to take their side or anything, but some playboys are not how their stereotypical image shows them."

"How? Playboys are rich, dumb, use girls and know about nothing else."

"Their arrogant attitude and 'using girls' tactic is a façade."

"Please don't tell me that cliché stuff. I'm smart enough to know that's not true. That stuff is just in books, in reality it's far from that."

"Maybe, but everyone has feeling so it's still an act."

"Whatever."

"..."

"Why are people like this?"

"Everyone has a reason behind their behaviour. I'm not saying what Noah did to you was right, of course no reason in the world is important enough to hurt you, but he will still have a reason."

"He has no reason. He is a stupid playboy. It's his job to ruin a girl's life."

"Elena, that reason might not be visible to you, so he might like you too but he must be under some restraining circumstances."

"What restraining circumstances would include kissing another girl right after I told him that I liked him?"

"..."

"..."

"Just know that he had a reason. There's always a reason."

"I want- no, I need to know that reason." 

"Maybe, one day you'll find out."