Fatigued Minds

3:05 AM

"Daniel! Are you even listening!?"

"I'm sorry, okay! I have my Chemical Engineering exam in 5 hours and I can't focus with you yelling my name every 5 seconds! Do you know how hard these chapters on Fluid Flow and Process Calculations are?"

" You think Neuroscience is any easier?"

"Okay, okay, let's calm down and help each other to get through these exam. I'll tell you one thing you should stop doing right now and you tell me one."

"You're right. Okay, stop being a twat."

"Let me rephrase, I meant one constructive thing I can do to make life easier for both of us."

"Can you make me hot cocoa?"

"I was wondering when you would ask. I went to Starbucks a few hours ago and bought a ton Black coffee, Iced mocha, Cappuccino, Double-shot coffee, Vanilla Latte and Fraps. 

"Do you know how much I love you?"

"You're welcome."

"Anyway, tell me one thing I can do to help you."

"Could you get me all the Starbucks drinks from the kitchen?"

"Yeah, sure, but the Vanilla latte and Cappuccino are mine."

"Kay, thanks." 

"This tastes of pure heaven blended with an exotic aroma, giving you the warmth and comfort you need during exams. Now, I see why Starbucks is so popular during exam season."

"It's called Caffeine."

"Well, we're going to die from Caffeine overdose."

"At-least we'll pass this semester and die." 

"Yeah, can you test me on the Neurological Consequences of Cytomegalovirus Infection?"

"Sure, pass me your notes."

_______________________________________________________

5:15 AM

"I just can't understand this!"

"Elena, you need to calm down, and put that latte away. Your knees are trembling and your fingers are about to fall off!"

"You don't look any better! Your hair looks like a million birds took refuge in it and your face looks like somebody smashed it with a frypan."

"Elena! I'm trying to help you but you never appreciate that fact. I never said anything bad to you, I try my best to help you through hard times but you just throw back insults in return!"

"I'm sorry. I'm just - "

"Stressed. I know. I am stress - "

" No you're not! Have you seen the abundance of material I have to get through? In the meantime, all you have to do is revise 14 chapters."

"I don't even understand half of the stuff I'm revising! I know 14 chapters is nothing compared to what you have to study but it's still something. You know what you are studying, I don't! You're so damn brilliant and even if you don't know the answer to a question, you always figure out a path that leads you to your solution. That never happens to me. I'm not intelligent. I'm just not enough! So don't act like things are worse for you because they're not."

"I- I didn't..."

"You don't need to worry, you can do this."

"No Daniel. You can do this. You might not think you are capable of doing this, but that's where you're wrong. We both can do this."

"Now come here and give your brilliant American friend a hug."

"Fine, but you're not brilliant, as far as I remember, I'm the one who's is brilliant. Am I correct?"

"Pff. Whatever."

"But on the serious note, we can defeat anything, even these godforsaken exams."

"Yes, we are the dominating species on this planet."

"That's true, nothing is impossible, I mean one day pigs might evolve and fly."

"I hope you're not being sarcastic."

"I'm not. You don't know what will happen in the future. Pigs might fly. Delirious fantasies might come true. We would be able to stop wars."

"You're being sarcastic."

"I might sound sarcastic but you don't know the future, it could happen."

"That's impossible. It's like saying, I'll get anything above 80% in this exam."

"Nothing's impossible."

________________________________________