Chapter fourteen

AUTHORS NOTE:
~•~that's right guys were back!! I thought I was ending this book with chapter 13 but I'm not. Hope you all enjoy and continue to read.~•~ Celeigh

(Five months later)
     The sun lightly shine through the curtains. She lay spread out in her bed curled up, dreaming about chasing rabbits. The sensational feeling of running coursing through her skin. She looked she peaceful, she looked more herself. I sat with my breakfast watching her as she plopped her golden furred head up and yawned.

     "Hey Jazz." I said smiling and gesturing for her to come to me. She got up stretched her legs and walked perfectly, painlessly towards me and jumped up on the couch beside me. "Looks like the swimming therapy worked pretty good eh girl?" I kissed her head. Jazzy had an appointment at the vet today. It was the day we'd find out if agility was even a possibility anymore.

     "Cale, it's time to go!" My mom called starting the car.

     "C'mon Jazzy lets go see how your leg is healing." Jazzy followed me out the door and I helped her up into the car.

     The ride felt really long. It was very nerve racking to know that if the vet said she couldn't ever do agility again that she wasn't in good enough shape for much else. Agility was our stress relief! Our time to get away, bond, feel free, work together, be a team. It's what brought us our special bond in the first place. The trust between a girl and her dog.

     We arrived at the vet and walked into the main office with Jazzy on her new leash and looking stylish in the new matching collar. A get well present from my grandma. The vet saw us after a few minutes and lifted Jazzy up onto the table to examine her leg.

     "How is it?!" I asked suddenly not even realizing I was going to speak.

     "Cale, be patient!" My mom shooshed. I slip my hands behind my back and started to fiddle nervously with my hair. I looked up to see the vet head across the room to fill out a paper.

    "Well there's good news and bad news." The vet said.

     I stood shocked. What was the good news? What was the bad news?

     "The good news is... She has healed incredibly well! She can for sure continue with agility. The bad news is... Well not for you, but your competitors." She laughed. "They're going to have some tough competition now that you're back."