Chapter eleven

Even though Claire and Brucster couldn't compete, Claire was still coming to the competition tomorrow. She was staying overnight tonight then coming with us tomorrow. While waiting for her to arrive, I cleaned my room and packed my things for tomorrow in a Roots bag. I heard the doorbell ring as I finished getting my show clothes out. I hurried up the stairs to the door, Jazzy paced excitedly looking through the window at Claire. She yipped happily as I swung open the door. A cool breeze drifted in as Claire said hello.

    "Hey! So glad you could come, I'm super nervous." I laughed.

    "I know you are! That's why I made sure I could actually come." Claire giggled.

    "Is you mom home?" Claire's mom Tammie asked.

    "Yep, she's in the kitchen, come on in." I said politely as Claire and Tammie slipped off their shoes.

    We headed to the kitchen then left as our moms started gossiping as usual.

    "So I have a list of a few things we have to do, but after that we can do whatever!" I told Claire.

    "Sounds good." She replied setting her bag down on my bed.

    "First we have to bath Jazzy, then put everything in the car and I have to pack my lunch. That's it though." I said.

    "Okay lets bath Jazzy first then she'll have time to dry off." Claire stated.

    "Good idea." I agreed, heading upstairs and calling Jazzy's name she came running as we walked into the bathroom and turned on the tap. We shut the door and Claire made sure the water wasn't too hot or too cold. I didn't want Jazzy to slip so I picked her up and set her in the tub. Claire got the shower head down and began to wet Jazzy's tightly curled hair.

    "Do you have the shampoo?" Claire asked.

    "No one second it's in the closet." I said heading down the hall and grabbing the shampoo. I could hear our mothers still talking in the kitchen. I hurried back to the bathroom and squeezed the strawberry scented dog shampoo down her back.

    "Oooh that smells really good!" Claire said holding a handful of bubbles up to her nose.

    We finished bathing Jazzy and wrapped her in a towel to dry her off. Claire and I finished the rest of my to do list then headed to bed. Tomorrow was a big day.