Chapter 12: Moving In

I wake up and find myself laying on Jacquees' chest with his arm wrapped around me. It feels sooo good. I smile at the thought of what just happened. I look over at my desk and check my phone. Crap! It's 3:13. My parents will be home at any minute. I throw my phone on the desk and look at Jacquees sleeping. He lookss do damn good. "Bae." I whisper in his ear. I rub his chest to wake him up. "Huh?" he says souding all sleepy. "My parents should be home any minute." He gets up a little bit. I sit up and wait for him to get himself together. I really wish he could stay here all night. He finally gets himself together and we get off the bed. I throw on my night gown while he put his clothes back on. He grabs his phone and keys off the dresser. He kisses me on my forehead. I love that. I turn off the alarm and walk him down to the door. "I love you." he says before leaving. "I love you too." I smile extra hard. I make sure he gets into his car and drives away. I hurry up and turn the alarm back on.

*MOVE IN DAY*

"I'm gonna miss you a lot." Kyra says. She's been saying this since 9 in the morning. "I'ma miss you too..for the millionth time." I laugh. You would think I'm gonna be in another country. "Be safe homie." Kaleb says trying to dap me up. I know this fool has lost his mind. He laughs and pulls me in for a hug. "Umhmm.." I say. I turn to my parents. They aren't as sad as they were last year but they're still pretty sad. I'm a college sophomore now. I can't even believe it. "Please drive safely." My dad says while hugging me. "You know she's a slow driver." my mom says while giving me hug. "Really?" I yell. It's not my fault that I don't want to get tickets like them. Kyra gives me one more hug. "Ky. Come on now. I gotta be there by one." I try to pry her off of my body. She's closer to me than Kaleb simply because we're both girls. She finally lets me go and I head to the door. "Call me when you get there." My dad says. "Okay." I walk out to my car and make sure I have everything I need. I see that it is almost eleven fifteen. It's about an hour and a half drive but I want to leave early just in case.

As I drive this dreadful drive, I jam to songs that I have on my phone. I need to keep myself from dying of boredom. My phone rings, stopping the music from playing. I really don't want to answer while I'm driving but I see that it's Jacquees. I press talk and I hear Jacquees' voice. "Good Morning bae." he says. He sounds so cute and sweet. "Good Morning." I smile. I miss him already. "How are you this morning?" he asks. "I'm doing great. How are you?" I ask. "I woke up feeling extra good this morning for some reason." he laughs. "Umhmm..Me too. I don't know what it is." I joke. I'm actually glad he called. He can give me some company while I make this drive.

We talk until I finally get to my school. "Alright babe, call me when you're all settled in." Jacquees says. "Okay. Talk to you later, babe." I say. He kisses me though the phone. I love it when he does that. I kiss him back and we finally hang up. I already know where my dorm is so I park in front of my building. I get out the car and stretch a little. "Had a long drive?" A brown skin boy with dreads comes from I don't know where. "Yea kinda." I smile. He's walking with two other boys heading toward the clubhouse. I don't want to seem like I'm following them but that's where I have to go to get my key. I assume they are all doing the same. I quietly follow them toward the clubhouse. "I'm Scott, by the way." The brown skinned boy says. "This V and Roger." He introduces me to his friends. "Hi, I'm Kalia." I wave. We make it to the clubhouse then stand in line for our keys. When I finally get to the desk, I give them my school ID number and they hand me a welcome gift. "Brian, here will take you to your dorm." The little lady behind the desk says. "Hi, I'm Brian. Is this your first year here?" He asks as he leads me to my dorm. "No, it's not." I answer. I'd ask him the same question since I've never seen him before but I know it can't be his first year. "Cool, so what are you majoring in?" He asks as we get to my dorm. "Communications." "Nice! That's a good one." He says happily. "Thanks." "Okay, so this key with two letters is the one for the front door and this one with the three letters is for your room door." he says and leads me into my room. He shows me the rest of the dorm and tells me some other important stuff. "Alright, if you need anything, me and other RA's will be in the clubhouse all day." he smiles while walking out of my dorm. "Okay, thanks." I doubt I'll actually need any help from them.

"Hey, I made it." I said to my mom. They'd kill me if I didn't call. "Okay, good. How is your dorm?" she asks. I knew she would try to keep me on the phone longer than I want. "It's cool. It's bigger than I expected." "Oh well that's good. You have all that junk to put in there. It's probably not big enough." My mom jokes. "Very funny." I say sarcastically. "Well, I'll let you go so you can situate your room. I'll talk to you later." she says. "K, talk to you later." I hung up and look around at my room. I HAVE to clean my room and bathroom MY way before I put ANYTHING in here. I grab my cleaning supplies bag and look for my gloves. I'm not a clean freak or have OCD but I can NOT move into a room that isn't cleaned to my liking. About 15 minutes into my cleaning, my phone rings. I see that it's Zakaris. Why the hell is he calling me? I take off one of my gloves and answer my phone. "Hello?" I answer. "Hey." he says souding all sad. "Hi? Do you need something or...?" I ask, What could he possibly want from me that I can actually give to him? "No, I just wanted to talk to you. I wanna apologize for what I did to you. You're a really nice girl and I just can't believe I treated you so badly. I'm really sorry." he says shocking the hell out of me. "Wow. Are you serious? Is Zakaris actually apologizing to me?" I am too confused. He laughs a little. "Yea, I am apologizing to you. I am really sorry for what I did to you and I would really just like to be your friend again. I want to be there for you and my cousin." I don't know what to say. Do I dare let him back into my life after all of this? "Kalia, I know it's hard for you to accept me back into your life so I just want you to think about it. Okay?" "Um, okay." I answer. "Well have a good day, Twinkie." he laughs. He used to always call me when we were together. I hate Twinkies so he called me that to annoy me. "Oh my gosh." I laugh. "Bye, child." I say. I actually miss him calling me that. Jacquees would hate that we talked on the phone. Crap, what am I gonna do?