Chapter 39 Screw Everyone

Start from the beginning

I wanted to turn to Axel and tell him how wrong he was, but the longer I stared at Trent, the more I noticed the adoration in his eyes. It was the exact same way Dustin stared at Kasay. I felt my heart flutter at the cute emotion.

When I turned to Axel and I saw the exact same emotion in his eyes. Except in Axel's eyes, there was a hint of something else too. I cocked my head to the side. "What are you thinking?"

"Nothing." he replied a little too quickly before looking away. "So what do you say, Layla and Trent a couple?" he asked, trying to change the subject. I let it slide and smiled.

"Maybe, but I was actually thinking Layla and Justin would make a cute couple."

"More like a disaster." he scoffed. "If those two paired they up would destroy the human race. Both hot tempered, loud, cocky-"

"Are you sure you're not describing yourself?" I interrupted him.

First he looked offended, but then his signature smirk appeared on his face. "Good one, Flower."

Layla cleared her throat, interrupting our little conversation. "It's 7:00 p.m. now."

Axel checked his watch before nodding. "Let's head back inside." He took my hand in his and led me back inside. I never thought someone like Axel was ever capable of wearing a suit and tie. "First we'll transfer the file from my thumb drive to the laptop their going to be working on. Then we'll double check on Layla's plan."

"It'll take us less time if we split up." I suggested.

"With your ex best friend lingering around here? I think not."

"He won't try anything, I know him."

"You knew he was going to go behind your back and date your enemy?" he asked. My mouth fell open, but before I could say anything he interrupted me. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that." he sighed. "It's just that I'm afraid he's going to pull something."

"He won't." another voice cut through. We both turned around, so we were facing Layla. "I'll make sure of it." she promised.

Axel hesitated. "Last time I checked you were trying to make her life a living hell. Why are you suddenly acting all buddy-buddy with her?"

"It's called trying to fix things, smart ass." she replied. "I'm trying to set things right for once."

"How do we know we can trust you?"

"Axel-"

"Rose." he sighed, turning to me. "I don't trust her."

"That's not obvious at all." Layla said sarcastically while rolling her eyes. "I was stupid, I was a bitch. Well, I still am in a way, but that's not the point. I'm trying to set things right, and you're not giving me a chance."

Axel hesitated before sighing. "Fine, but make sure Jaxon stayed at least a mile away from her at all times."

"Yes dad." Layla rolled her eyes before grabbing my arm and dragging me away from him. Once we were in the main entrance she turned to me with a grin stretched across her face. "I brought some stuff to replaced some of the crap you guys brought." she told me excitedly. "I made sure Trent got some stuff to spice this whole dinner up."

"And what exactly is that stuff?" I asked as she dragged me through the halls.

"Just some stuff; we're going to completely trash this place." she giggled happily. "I can't wait to see that bitch's face." After a few minutes of giggling and dragging me through crowds of people, we finally stopped in the huge dinner room. "Looks like everything's set." she said while looking up at the ceiling.