XXIIII. two 'rights' might just be wrong

So, he knew he had to calm his friend down before he pulled him even deeper.

He attempted to guide him back to his drumset. "Mate, you're overreacting. Let's just get back to practic--" Calum paused when Ashton shoved him off and nearly into a pile of gardening supplies.

"Don't you ever touch me, you sick bastard!" Ashton warned, eyes dark in rage and before anyone could say anything further, he took the floor from them.

"I felt it...I felt something was off about you two. I felt the vibe between you two and it was anything like a sibling relationship. It was like Mhina was already in a relationship and was cheating on you or something." Ashton began to spill and all anyone could do was watch in horror as he continued.

"I noticed how angry you'd get whenever I'd hang out with Mhina or how she'd get when you'd be with Nikki for too long. I saw it. That time when she stormed off during practice, I sensed it. When we were on the trip and you'd sneak glances, I noticed," Ashton stepped up to Calum with each sentence, eyes drilling holes into the brown boy's. Cal didn't break the eye contact but deep down inside he was breaking.

"And that night when you and Mhina left, when you went to comfort her...I knew it. That night when you both didn't return until later on that morning," Ashton turned his head to sneak a dark glance at Mhina who stood with her mouth agape, before looking back at his so-called best friend, continuing.

"I knew it and when Nikki told me--"

"Ah, so Nikki told you all of this?"

"Not all but she gave me some insight on you two."

"Yeah, I'm sure she did! Coincidently after she gets in a fight with Mhina!" Calum tried to turn all of this on Nikki and make her sound crazy because he wasn't going down like this.

Not in front of the rest his bandmates, who stood in confusion and silence.

Nikki kicked off the door and got into Calum's face.

"You calling me loca? You saying I'm some kind of liar?!" She asked bitterly, daring him to answer 'yes' to his questions.

He felt terrible deep down inside because he was making her seem like she was putting on based on her and Mhina's relationship.

He hated he had to do it.

But once again, he had to look out for himself...as selfish as it sounded.

He shrugged, "I'm just saying I'm not surprised you tried it after you got whooped." Calum simply said, eyes moving from hers to Ashton's.

Nikki's eyes widened and she jumped at Calum as if she was going to swing but Ashton held her back.

"Relax, señorita Hot head." He stepped infront of her and crossed his arms over his chest as he stood a few inches from Calum.

His eyebrows came together as he spoke, "Okay...since you claim this is all false," His eyes trailed over to Mhina, who hadn't spoken a word since he began spilling. But he ignored it for now because he knew he was about to nip it in the bud. "Then look everyone in the eyes and say it."

Calum felt his breath get caught in his throat.

He was stuck.

Ashton made this bigger and harder than it was before. It was no longer this love rectangle or triangle....it was everyone involved.

If he lied and said everything Ashton spoke was untrue, he'd risk his friendship with him and maybe even the band. Also, Nikki would be deemed a liar, though she was spot on with everything.