Part Eight: She Needs WHAT?

Katie's POV:

I threw a pit block at Liv's head. Well, technically it was a pit block with a huge rock inside of it... But I couldn't let Coach Mary know I threw a rock at Liv's head - I would get in trouble.

"LIV!" Coach Mary yelled. She and Annie ran over to Liv and I ran to the pit block to quickly take the rock out of it. Coach Mary and Annie could NOT know what had actually happened. I threw the regular pit block back into the pit and ran the rock back to my gym bag.

Annie was crying. Coach Mary seemed to be on the verge of tears.

Coach Kim walked in and was obviously shocked. "What happened?" she asked.

"KIM! Call Liv's mom!" Coach Mary yelled. "Tell her she fainted while she was running on the vault runway and is unconscious. I'm taking her to the emergency room!"

"Coach Mary! I HAVE to come with you! I need to know what's wrong with my best friend!" Annie exclaimed.

I thought I was her best friend! What's happening?  I thought.

----------------------------------------------------------

Annie's POV:

Coach Mary and I got into her car. I sat with Liv in the back. Well, technically, Liv didn't have a seatbelt or anything on because she was laying across the back of the car with her head on my lap. 

I was in tears. How did this even happen? She was fine before she started running, and then a pit block flew out of the pit and hit her on the head and suddenly she was on the floor, unconscious! It just didn't all add up. I mean, I get how sometimes blocks fly out of the pit while someone is climbing out of it, but why did she suddenly faint and fall to the floor? She would've had to feel sick earlier, right?

----------------------------------------------------------

"Well, we aren't sure why, but when we looked at her head, there seemed to be a crack in her skull. That caused her to faint and that's why she is currently unconscious. We're going to have to run some tests and perform a simple surgery. Are you Olivia's mom?" a doctor asked.

"No, I'm her gymnastics coach. Her mom is on the way," Coach Mary replied.

"I'm here! Where's my baby girl?" Liv's mom asked.

"She's right here," I said.

Liv's mom started crying as the doctor caught her up on what he'd just told Coach Mary and I.

"Well, if we have to do surgery, let's go ahead and do it," Liv's mom said, still crying.

*FOOTNOTES*

- This was intense xD

- The next chapter is gonna be the surgery so we'll see how it goes...

- This chapter was even longer than the other one - 466 words!