Dinner in Port Royal

It's been three days since the incident at the store, and all I can think about is that damned boy.

Every time I close my eyes, all I can see is his damn sexy smirk, or him saying "pleasure" in that voice of his, and I get hot all over again.

Honestly, my hand just isn't doing it for me anymore.

So this morning, when I walked through the doors of "Roz E" (I know the name is ridiculous, we were eighteen and nineteen) I went straight to Roz and told her exactly where I was going. I left her doubling over with laughter, throwing a quick "be right back" over my shoulder.

Now, I'm standing in Intimate Occasions, a sex toy and lingerie store in Premier Plaza, not ten minutes from my store, cashing a bunch of... ehem... necessities, as well as a birthday present for Rozii.

As I walk back to the shop, l think of what I just saw in that store.

I saw a fourteen inch dildo.

Do you know what fourteen inches looks like?

That's longer than a Subway Foot Long.

These are the thoughts that follow me back into the shop.

So I don't notice the very reason why I was at the sex store in the first place, lounging in the waiting area, in front of the cashier.

He clears his throat, and when I look up, my knees buckle. Kind of like a new born colt.

He smirks and says, "Ezinma", he begins.

"Your little friend told me that you'd be back from your little... escapade soon."

I feel my cheeks heating with embarrassment because instantly, I know that Rozii told him where I went.

Damn you, Rozii Taylor Reese.

"The truth is... I can't stop thinking about you."

Wow. So it's not just me then?

"No, it's not."

I'm not even embarrassed that I said it out loud.

He chews on his lip while giving me the most intense stare, and then blurts out:

"How about dinner?"

"Okay."

He smiles a smile of victory.

"When do you finish?"

"Five."

"Okay. I'll pick you up."

"I have to shower."

"I'll take you home first then."

He gets up to leave before I can say anything to confirm or deny what he just said, but then he turns to me and says, "Trust me, that Jackrabbit won't satisfy you like the real thing."

***

"Tell me about yourself."

Desta's voice breaks through the daze that I was in. We've spent most of the evening thus far in silence. The most that has been said were his compliments on my house and choice of dress, and my "thank you"s.

"What do you want to know?"

"Siblings?"

"No."

"Aunts or uncles?"

"I had one. Uncle Tim. He died."

He chews his lip, and then, "What are your parents like?"

I smile.