New Beginnings

"Flight 291 to Seoul, South Korea is now boarding." Said the voice in the intercom. 'This is it' you thought. 'The new chapter in my life begins now'

You quickly boarded the plane and found your seat. Thankfully you had been given an isle seat. Others may enjoy the view from having a window seat but for you, it was terrifying. You had the biggest fear of heights and of course you happened to be an over thinker so you would just make the situation worse thinking about how high up you were.
You could see some of the bright smiles on people's faces of those who would be re-uniting with their families again. The thought of your family made you sick, they knew just how to ruin things for both you and your mother. The only one you would care to come back and visit was your mother because she was the only one you had left. She had supported your decision to move to South Korea while others had not, claiming that you would regret it and would just end up coming back. Little had they known that they were wrong. You decided that no matter how hard things may have gotten for you, you would stay.

You had been on many flights before this so you put in your headphones and drowned out all the noise around you. You opened up Spotify and went to your songs and hot play. It consisted of your favorite songs from multiple artists and genres. You were never one to to listen to just one specific type of music, you liked just about anything. Of course you preferred some genres over others, but you loved all music in general. You had a very long flight ahead of you so you closed your eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.

***************

Some how you managed to wake up with just four more hours to go. You had a sudden urge to use the restroom so you ran to the back to thankfully find it unoccupied. After using the restroom you walked back to your seat and ordered water and some bottled tea drink. To your surprise the tea had been very delicious so you decided to keep the bottle just incase you would come across it again at a market. With the amount of time you had left you finished a movie just in time before the plane had landed.

You were staying in a hotel until you went to check into your dorm at SNU tomorrow. Even though you were always depressed you still managed to do well in school so you got a pretty good scholarship to any college of your choosing. You didn't move to South Korea just to get away from your family and start a new life, you had been interested in the culture and lifestyle since you were a young child, so made it your goal to live there. You've accomplished one of your goals so far.

You grabbed your luggage you had with you on the plane and headed to the baggage claim to grab your last bag. After grabbing your bag you headed outside to take a taxi to the hotel you were staying at. When you stepped out the doors of the airport you could smell the fresh scent of rain letting you know it had rained recently. You had loved the smell of rain, the way you could smell the bitter sadness from the sky made you sickly happy. You got a taxi and told the driver the adress. Within ten minutes you had been dropped off.

You walked up to the front desk to check in. You walked up to the counter and said, "I have a reservation under Bae Harin." "One moment please," the clerk replied. A moment later he handed you your room key and asked, "why do you have a korean name if you are a foreigner?" You replied, "I had a very bad past life that I'd like to forget about." "You wouldn't be where you are today if you hadn't gone through it." He said before you walked to the elevator to head to your room. 'He wasn't wrong.' You thought. You didn't really care to eat since you knew you would be exhausted by the time you got there. It's not like you needed it though, you thought you were fat enough as it is. You opened the door to your room and set your bags down. You walked to the bathroom to make yourself comfortable and you walked out and plopped down on the bed. You normally wouldn't fall asleep so fast but you were really tired from the long flight you had and all the stress you had before you boarded the plane. Before you knew it your eyelids got heavy and you were soon fast asleep.