Chapter 20

"I am not jumping again," Gail states.

"Why not?", Bloom asks.

"Because," Gail yells.

They have been arguing since they woke up. Charles and I stood next each other, letting them argue. After everyone woke up, we started walking to the Solar Kingdom. Bloom said it would be more efficient to jump. Gail doesn't want to jump again. I agree with her. I'm pretty sure so does Charles.

"Ladies, why can't we just keep moving," Charles shouts. Both Gail and Bloom shut up. Charles has a very commanding voice. That probably comes in handy as a lieutenant.

"I agree. Let's just keep walking. We are so close to the Solar Kingdom," I say.

They mutter something and continue down the path. Charles and I follow behind them. I am a little nervous to go back to the Solar Kingdom. I kinda left and didn't tell anyone. I wonder if my mother went back to the kingdom after we saw her. I wonder if the General is having any problems with running the kingdom. I am really bad about ruling. I've abandoned two kingdoms. The Twilight Kingdom is taken care of now, but things can spiral out of control at any time. The Solar Kingdom has done fine over the past months. My only problem is the lack of loyalty from the Solarians. I know most of them want my father back on the throne. The Solarians are worse than my mother. She is sticking to Aidan's side no matter what happens. I am sure some Solarians helped out with Luna's kidnapping. I can't punish them since I don't who they are. I doubt the Council would be okay with me punishing anyone for crimes against Luna. Even when she was beaten, they still advised me to not go after them. Maybe I will be able to get them on my side once I have Luna back. I'll be more focused then. Working together, we can bring an end to prejudice. But then again, who can really get rid of prejudice. It takes a lot to change people's minds. Changing their minds will take awhile. Our kids might be the ones to see it fully gone or they might be still fighting the battle. Our kids. I haven't had any dreams with them in it. If Luna and I ever had kids, I think we would name them Orion and Stella. Just to make our dreams a reality. I have always wanted children to leave a legacy. All the men in my family wish for a boy to grow up and continue their legacy. My grandfather, Erik Sol, was proud to have my father. My grandfather loved to have power and taught my father the same. Now my father wants the same for me. If I have a boy, I want to pass down something good. Bloom interrupts my thoughts.

"Ian, could you turn down your thoughts and emotions?", she calls back at me.

Charles and Gail laugh. "Why are you listening?", I ask.

"I really can't help it," Bloom says.

"What are you thinking about?", Gail wonders.

"Family," Bloom answers. Everyone gets silent.

"I think about family a lot too," Charles says. Gail turns her head to Charles.

"You do? That's funny because I do too," Gail says. Charles gives Gail a thoughtful look.

"I think about starting a family. You know, kids and everything," Charles says.

"I'd like children too. And a husband," Gail says. Charles smiles. Gail trails back to Charles. They continue their conversation while I move up to Bloom. "I believe you and Luna can start the process, but most likely it will never end," Bloom says.

"Maybe it can," I say hopefully.

"It all starts as an idea,"Bloom says.

"We're getting closer," I say once we start walking on a open area path. All there is grasslands and some crops. I can see the first village up ahead. There are a few people out in the crops. They wave to us. We walk to the village in silence. Once we got to the village, I was able to get horses from a local farmer . We rode all the way to the palace. The guards took our horses to the stables while we made our way to find the General. 

"Where could he be?", Gail asks.

"Ian, do you know where the gem sphere is?", Charles asks me.

"I know that the gem sphere is the topaz, but I don't know where it is," I say.

"The stone of true love and success shines brightest in the land of the sun people," Bloom recites.

"Where do you think it might be?", Gail says.

I think about it. My mother always told me about the war. I would always ask her about where the gem sphere is. She would tell me the gem is always with the king. That never made any sense to me when I was younger. Now that I am king, I can piece it together. What is something that has been passed down to every king. A light bulb went off in my head. "I know where it is," I tell everyone. "Meet me in the throne room. The General may be in there." I run up the stairs and to my room. The room is cleaner than what I left it. I move into my closet. On the side of the closet, I have a small stand where my crown is. I pick it up and turn it around. I stop when I see the topaz embedded in the crown. I smack the crown against the stand multiple times. The topaz finally comes out along with some diamonds and emeralds. I run back out my room and run into my mother. She smiles when she sees me.

"Ian, you've come back," she says. She hugs me, but I don't hug her back.

"You knew I would be coming back. I'm going to be leaving soon," I say. She looks down at the topaz in my hand. I slip it into my pocket. 

"I don't want you to leave. I think your father's plan is crazy. I believed in it at first, but now I disapprove," she says.

"What is his plan?", I ask her.

"He wants to bring the ruler of Lux Kingdom over here," she says quietly.

"The Lux Kingdom? Where is that? How do you know about?", I ask.

"It's a long story. The only thing you need to know is that Aidan can not bring him over here. He will use the gem spheres to make a portal. The portal will allow them to cross over onto our land. Aidan will travel there and rule their land. That land has more resources than us. They are also more powerful than us. Aidan thinks that they have more to offer him," my mother explains.

I open my mouth to talk until she puts her hands on my shoulders. "Answers will come to you later. Right now you only need that information. Don't give him those gems," she says.

"I have to save Luna," I insist. She makes a face.

"You are going to risk everyone's lives for her," she says in shock.

"Luna is the queen to two kingdoms. Including this kingdom," I say. My mother shakes her head.

 "Obviously I can't change your mind," she says sadly.

I shake her hands off of me. "Goodbye Mother," I say. I walk away from her.

"Goodbye Ian," I hear her say softly.  

I make my way to the throne room in a daze. What is the Lux Kingdom? Why would their king want to take over our land? Why did my father waste his time here if he always wanted the other land? Who is this leader? If the gem spheres will create this portal, why didn't he collect them sooner? My thoughts are put on a pause when I step into the throne room. The General is having a talk with my friends. He smiles when he sees me. The General always seemed to be the father I never had. He has looked over me for all my childhood. He still is looking over me. 

"Nice to see you, my king," he greets. I am glad he isn't mad that I took off from the palace.

"The Lieutenant explained to me what is going on," he says. "I disapprove, but I can't stop you."

"Thank you for sort of understanding," I laugh.

"Did you find the gem sphere?", Charles asks. I show them the topaz. 

"Looks like you are heading out soon," the General says with a touch of sadness. 

"We'll head out now to get a head start for the Ogres' Territory," Charles says. We nod along to his plan. 

"I wish you the best, my king," the General says. I give him a hug before we head back outside to the stables to grab our horses. We ride off to our next adventure in the Ogres' Territory.