Chapter 5

"What are gem spheres?", Jack asks me.

"Long ago, when the kingdoms and territories worked together, foreigners came from the sea. They came from another land like ours, but with only one kingdom. They wanted to create a bridge between us. Some of us didn't want this and others did. This is what split our land. The Twilight Kingdom and Dusk Kingdom wanted the foreigners to go back to where they came from. Everyone else were okay with having the foreigners stay. All of this ended up becoming a civil war. It lasted for about a hundred years. The Twilight Kingdom and the Dusk Kingdom won. It was a shocker to all. They won because they had a witch make magical items for them. They collected gems that are natural to the area from each kingdom and territory. The witch placed power into them. They can basically can control whatever that gem is from. The Dusk Kingdom used the Solar Kingdom's gem to make everyone in the kingdom fail at everything, used the Fairy Kingdom's gem to make them lose hope, and the Twilight Kingdom used the Dwarves' gem to make them destroy their own ships. Once the war was over, the Twilight Kingdom gave everyone their gem to keep safe. The foreigners left this land and have never returned."

"So, you are going to find items that can take out everyone and then give them to your evil father." I am not sure if it is a question or a statement. "Yeah." We continue down the path in a slightly faster pace. "You must really love Queen Luna," Jack says.

"Very much."

"You must have been in pieces when she was kidnapped." I look at him curiously.

"I still am. I blame myself for what happened."

"Are you more lonely or guilty?"

"What do you mean by that?", I ask almost angrily.

"It seems like you really like Queen Luna, but it appears you're more focused on getting her back because you feel guilty and lonely. I feel like you only want to rescue her to prove you're a true hero and you didn't make a mistake. I've heard about your past relationships." I had told Luna that none of those stories are true, but they are. I shouldn't have lied to her. I did have a lot relationships. None of them serious. I never had attention growing up, so I guess those girls filled that void. Luna started out like that, only liking her to help my father and just another girl, but I ended up growing true affections for her. I have never felt that way about anyone, so I figured she is the one. She also filled that void. Now that she is gone, the void returned. In a way, I'm selfish for wanting to find her only to fill space for me.

"No, I love Luna. I made a vow to always be there for her," I say contradicting my thoughts." I have to find her. Not for guilt or loneliness, but out of my true love for her." Jack only gives me a slow nod. He still thinks I'm insane. We continue walking the road in silence. 

I look ahead and see sparkles in the air. We must be close to the Fairy Kingdom. After walking down a hill, we can see it. It is just how I remembered. The palace is made out of all kinds of crystals. It shines brightly in the light. As we walk into the kingdom, Jack gasp at all the fairies. I don't blame him. All of them are beautiful. No fairy has the same colors in their clothing or hair, but all of their wings are clear. Since the palace is never guarded, we walk on in. I remember where the throne room is, so I lead Jack there. I haven't been back here since the first time. I was too busy searching for Luna. The throne is full of fairies. All of them surrounding the throne.I come up behind the crowd. 

"It is so good to see you, King Ian", a sweet voice calls. A fairy walks her way to where I stand and hugs me. It's hard trying to hug back because of her wings. "It is good to see you too, Queen Bloom." She smiles brightly. Her white hair is braided down her back with her silver crown upon her head. Bloom's eyes are still strangely purple. If I had magic,I would make my eyes like silver or gold. "What brings you here?", she asks me.

"Can we talk in private."

Bloom leads us to the library. I am a great fan of books and writing them, so I feel right at home. The Fairy Kingdom's library is larger than any kingdoms. Books after books line the shelves. In the center, are comfortable chairs and couches to read on and a cozy fireplace. Bloom sits in a chair across from me and Jack and I share a couch.

"Something is troubling you." I hate when she does this. After Luna disappeared, Bloom and Gail stayed at the Solar Kingdom for awhile and I found out that Bloom can sense people's feelings. It always freaks me out.

"Yes, I have a way to save Luna." Bloom leans forward. I explain about talking with my father and what his tasks for me are. "That is very dangerous," Bloom says after I finished. "The gem spheres are very powerful. There is no telling what Aidan will do with them. And what about the magic mirror. Magic mirrors are used to keep in contact with someone or to travel somewhere else."

"I understand if you don't want to help, but I need you to understand that I have to do this." Bloom looks me in the eyes. Her eyes slightly glow. "I understand that you need to do this and I will help you. Your friend can stay here in my mother's care. I will go change and get packed. Meet me in the stables." 

I leave Jack in the library and head to the stables. I pick out normal looking horses. Their unicorns would draw too much attention. No one can know what we are doing. I pull out the paper with the clues on it. I scan through the clues until I spot one that sounds like the Fairy Kingdom:

The inspiration stone stands in the center land.

Well, the Fairy Kingdom is the center kingdom in the land. I have no idea what the inspiration stone is. I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. I turn to see Bloom's mother. "Hello, Farah." Bloom looks just like her mother. White hair, purple eyes, and even the pale complexion. "Hello, King Ian. My daughter told me about your mission. I don't approve, but I trust that you won't let your father destroy us all so I have our gem sphere to give to you." Farah pulls out a opal. The opal is beautiful and full of colors. She places the opal in my hand and it's so small. I place it in my jacket pocket. "Thank you, Farah."

"The opal is the inspiration stone. It perfectly fits the Fairy Kingdom. We love to inspire greatness in everyone and we are also very creative creatures. Not only can the gem spheres turn their land against its self, but it can also channel that very power." She kind of confused me.

"So this opal can give me inspiration?" Farah nods."But it can also give you the power to make people lose inspiration?" She nods again."Right." More footsteps come down the stairs. Bloom wears gray clothing and has a bag over her shoulders. She had taken off her crown. 

Bloom goes over to her mother and gives her a hug. "Goodbye, Mother."

"Good luck, my daughter." Bloom and I mount our horses and head out of the kingdom. We don't travel through the kingdom because we don't want anyone to know Bloom is gone. Once we made it to the forest, we slowed our pace. "Where are we going next?", Bloom asks.

"The Dusk Kingdom. We are going to need some more help."