I had eaten a beautiful lasagne and was now drinking a glass of water. Every now and then Mr. Styles would looked over at me and then when I caught him he looked away. Someone came on stage causing everyone to either clap or turn towards him.

"Ok guys, we are having an open mic night tonight. If your friends are too afraid then sign them up any way!" He shouted causing people to laugh.

"Ok ok. Now first up is a girl known as Skylar Marin, Skylar your friend A signed you up." I literally stopped breathing. I couldn't function. A has gone too far, I have stage fright. Oh god!

Everyone turned to me including people I didn't know because everyone who did now me was pointing them in the right direction.

"Come on Skylar. The band knows your song." The bloke winked. I slowly stood up and Aria watched me intensely. She squeezed my hand and I started to make my way up to the small stage not too far away from our table. My heart must have been beating out of my chest. I walked on stage and everyone clapped me making me feel a tiny but better.

I walked over to the bloke and asked what song I was doing.

"Living on a highwire." He smirked.

How the hell?

How did A get the song? I walked over to the bloke on the piano. I put my hand on the mic and started to whisper to him.

"Can you do the rapping?" I asked shaking a little. He nodded and smiled.

I made my way back over to the mic and stood there looking at the crowd. Everyone from my class watching me, some with sly looks and other with sympathy. Aria put her thumbs up and Mr. Styles watched.

Suddenly the guitar came in. Then the bloke started.

"Listen up,This is the story on how we lived the glory of what we did it started when we were kids with music up in our heads she said." Now it's my turn. I took a deep breath.

"I've been out on the edge
Breathin' a little bit of fresh air
Big dreams, I took a chance
Held out for everything I've got here
I've been feeling this life's a circus
Hanging on without a fear." Everyone started clapping making a tonne get lifted off my chest. Now the chorus.

"Livin' on a high wire
Runnin' through a wildfire
You can't shake me, I'm not going nowhere
Walking on a tight rope
No net, high hopes
Step back, I'm gonna make it over
Na na na-na-na na na
Livin' on a high wire
Na na na-na-na na na
Livin' on a high wire"

Now back to the bloke, I made my way up the steps near the keyboard and on the display.

"This is the story on how we lived the glory of what we did it started when we were kids with music up in our heads she said." He rapped again. My turn.

"Big top, turning around, no clowns
I'm running as I hit the ground." the bloke took my hand as I walked down and kissed it. I carried on singing.

"Front row, big show is sold out
So I'm ready for the crowd roar, let's go.
I've been feeling this life's a circus
Hanging on without a fear. Yeaahhhhhh" I carried out the last word making the whole crowd cheer. Now the chorus.

"Livin' on a high wire
Runnin' through a wildfire
You can't shake me, I'm not going nowhere
Walking on a tight rope
No net, high hopes
Step back, I'm gonna make it over
Na na na-na-na na na
Livin' on a high wire
Na na na-na-na na na
Livin' on a high wire"
Then the bloke stepped away from his piano giving me access to it. He started his part.

"When it comes to the beat
Seeing that the heads are moving
Move off your seat
Achievement is what we're really doing
Freedom of speech
I'm in it just to win it
I'm springin' and I can see it
In the end that you can be it
'Cause it's patience, it's statements
Famous greatness
Movin' 'til you make it through
And maybe you can make it too." I started my part and playing on the piano.

"Livin' on a high wire
You can't shake me
I'm not goin' nowhere
Walkin' on a tight rope
No net high hopes
Step back i'm gonna make it overrrrrrrr." I got away from the piano so the bloke could go back and carried on my part. "Yeahhh yeahhh yeahhhhh."

"Na na na na na na na na na
Livin' on a high wire
Na na na na na na na na na
Livin' on a high wire
Yeah Yeahhhhhhhh." I had the other bloke rapping behind me and the whole crowd on their feet. Time to finish.

"Na na na na na na na na na
Livin' on a high wire." I finished and everyone clapped.

Including Mr. Styles.

Take that A.

A/N

Hehehehe! a little bit of singing in this one. the song is livin on a highwire by lemonade mouth ;-) love it at the moment and it kinda fit the situation is u read between the lines :-)

Dedication to @ZehraMacktoom

GUESS THE SONG:

"Baby you light up my world like nobody else."

Mwahhxx

💜💚💗💙💛❤️

~Jadey6688