Chapter 9

It was two days travel. Yusuke and the rest sans Hiei got in front of the new Kings Hall located somehow in the center of the the former kingdoms.

Based on what he noticed in their journey, it kind of turned into central city where trades are in. According to Hokushin, some also established amusements and residential place for every kind that can pay the price. The amusements, in strict compliance with the reigning King Enma's order, are prohibited in using human rewards and play things.

Reaching the perimeters of the king's residence, He concluded that it feels 'human' to be in Demon Plane. It works like a city. It has rules like humans have. Civilized. It may be harsher in comparisons, but it just the demon way.

As they walk in middle of the premises, every kind of demon gushed and relived the first tournament that the young man started and failed to win. They so wanted to slap his failure in his face. An ambitious human who thought he could rule them all in a game. But no one would dare. He may have failed to be king, but still, he is one to watch for.

After all, a decendant from a SS Class demon will definitely be formidable, if his performance in the tournament did not convince you. And you don't want him as your foe.

"Wow, Enki quite made a residence for himself eh?" Yusuke said. The estate is large in size. But he was expecting it to be grand somehow. Enki is the king of all the demon world after all. But he has reservations that it would feel like this, like the humble king.

"King Enki established that this will be residence of the winner of the tournament, whoever he is. For now the specifications of the hall is in accordance with the current kings' liking. If the new king decided otherwise, then that will be. King Enki lives with his wife and those that serves him and his purpose here." Hokushin informed him.

As they passed the doorless frame, Hokushin signaled for them to stop. The other taller monk moved toward a standing demon clutching a board in his hand in the center of the lobby. Then returned to them after.

"The king is still in his meeting with the heads of patrol brigade." The deep voice of the monk palpable in his statement.

"Hmm. They have been in there since the other day.
Has some of our colleagues came with the patrol group?" Hokushin asked.

"Yes, but they are included in the meeting apparently." The taller monk replied.

"Hey, meeting? For what?" Yusuke curiously asked.

"We have no idea yet. But a meeting this long could not came from a decent patrol report." Hokushin replied to Yusuke. Though it may not be of huge consequence to their former kingdom turned into city, it is still a thing to ponder. His experience with his demised king is reminding him to be vigilant.

"I thought that being the king of all will eliminate these kind of things.Guess not." Yusuke absent mindedly said.

"You're still not acquainted with what the Demon Plane is all about. But you will soon enough. For now I guess you could refresh for a while. We'll check on the demon spirit while you're on it." Hokushin suggested. He has no doubt in his mind that his young master thought that their world is all about beating each other. Well, its huge advantage if you could beat to submission everyone you wanted to. But its not all of it.

After all, serving his late king was what he considers his life achievement. And he's looking forward in assisting his still new born heir.

"I could do that." Yusuke replied.

-------------

"Wow, so demons could enjoy such things?" Yusuke asked Kurama.