Chapter 8

It's the last day of work for Yusuke. He's just helping out on duties now shared by remaining colleagues in the construction. Then he and Keiko will travel to Genkai' place for his trip to Demon Plane.

Aside from Keiko, Kuwabara will be there to send them off. Him, Kurama and Hiei. Koenma, Botan and Jeorge will directly travel to DP from their home at Spirit World. Since they're still taking care of their DP lodging.

The King Enma insist his son's needs be provided by the Spirit World men. It's the best thing he can do when his son's mind is so made up he'll probably end up dead if he will not be protected by the Spirit World influence within Demon Plane. Its a first time for his son to be resolute, he decided to let him take charge. But still him in there to guide.

Along with Yusuke' senses, the rays of the sunset tells him that its time to go.

_______________________________________

He should be here any moment from now.

Keiko thought, sitting on a bench in a park about two blocks away from the site. She asked the instructor of her last subject for her to skip and just attend next class the next day. She wanted to properly send off Yusuke this time. Unlike before,today is different.

She knows Yusuke will comeback for her.

It doesn't hurt her a bit. Though she is still worried for him. Always. Who knows about the danger of this trip. But she trusts his words that he will be there for her after it...

A clearing of throat caught her attention.

Two men, with one significantly older than the other, stood beside her. She stood up and greeted them both.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Foreman and Mr. Saki."

The Foreman tip his hat in greetings for the young woman. "Good afternoon to you too, young lady. Ah, did that pom head keeping you waiting, again?"

If this has been like the past cases, she would feel the pinch of the old man's last statement. But its different now. She gave him a smile and replied, "He always does."

"Ah, if you realized that you're tired waiting, I can suggest you to meet a nephew of mine, perhaps to be a friend -"

"Hey hey hey, Mr. Foreman, Saki, I was looking for you. And I guessed it right where to find you somehow." Yusuke made it to stop his old Foreman marketing whoever relative he has to Keiko. A habit of the man.

"Yeah, always on time to cut me. So what is it?" The Foreman trying to look his signature irritated look.

Yusuke inhaled a deep breath and bestowed a deep sincere bow.

"Thank you for everything. I look forward to another opportunity to open when I return."

"Huh, don't expect an easy way back in boy. Let's see if you can pass your next job qualifications. Saki, back to work." The Foreman turned his back at the couple and walked back to the site.

Saki, who was still on the spot where Yusuke found them, just shook his head at his superior then turned to Yusuke. "You know him. Good luck to whatever it is in your sleeves, Yusuke, young lady." He gave them his salute and run after his Foreman.

Yusuke took time to watch his superiors go, then turned to Keiko. "Shall we go?" His hand offered to her.

Keiko gave him a nod and took his hand.

Their hands holding on together is something she will definitely miss in the following time that he will not be around. For the mean time.

___________________________________