Chapter 15

This was the boring part. In order to have the mission successful, we had to pretend that we did not exist for the next 3 days.

Avoid everyone. Avoid stepping on carpet to avoid pressure marks. Avoid places we would usually be, and avoid talking or making too much noise. Eat when others weren't around, and sleep as much as we could during the day. My nest in the engines room was perfect for that- the others may check our beds. We moved by night.

We also did small things to indicate our presence, though the others didn't really catch on. Move an ornament here, shred up a piece of paper there, shatter a glass or open an originally locked door. Things that a ghost may do, but was also perfectly normal to happen in every day life.

I taught Percy how to maintain the ship. Annabeth already knew the basics of how to run it, but Percy has a gift for mechanics (for a person who is not a son of Hephaestus) and building, and could fix the ship pretty well if I do say so myself.

The others also tried to prove that we were still around by breaking a plumbing pipe, which is something I would have gotten Percy to help fix if we were visible as he could control the water. We went and fixed it but staged it to look like Annabeth had fixed it- we did a standard job, with Annabeth's help, and when the others heard the commotion of someone fixing the pipe in the hallway at 9 at night, they found a dripping wet Annabeth holding a wrench, trying to fix the pipe (while Perce and I secretly helped her), using duct-tape and a spare piece of piping.

To say in the least, the others didn't try to prove that we were still around by breaking anything again.

Annabeth hung out with us when she could. As she was in on the prank, she knew she couldn't be hanging around or talking to thin air, or the others would suspect something and it would throw off the whole plan.

I also let Percy into some parts of my plan for the final battle. I told him that I was restoring Festus for the final battle, and that I would use him to separate Gaia from the earth, the ground, her domain, and that we could destroy her once she was separate from it. He thought that it made sense, but I didn't even hint towards sacrificing myself, and I don't think he picked up on anything I wasn't telling him.

We also watched a few disney movies, at night, so nobody would walk in and see a t.v playing a movie and popcorn bowls with no one watching. Of course, it was still a possibility, but still less likely to be caught at night than in the middle of the day.

I did leave Percy at night sometimes though, to spend time with Annabeth. They couldn't spend as much time together, due to the plan, and I felt guilty even though they both told me it was both their decision too, so not my fault, and not to feel guilt. 

Annabeth said that she was quite enjoying the chaotic atmosphere adorning the ship, but that she was looking forward to Percy and I becoming visible so she could drop the ignorance act and hug us both and hang out with us without the others suspecting anything.

A/N 575 words. Not too bad. It should be a longer chapter next too. What do you guys think?