Chapter 7

Apparently,  according to Percy and Annabeth, Piper believed that I had some sort of cloaking device and had used it to 'blend' into my surrounds.

Well, she wasn't wrong. Not really, at least.

And, apparently she had planned some elaborate scheme of destroying a part of the ship and then hooking up an infrared camera meant to see through cloaking devices to see me.

Ha, good luck Piper. This is magic, the magic of the gods. I doubt your petty camera will spy me.

I'd like an infrared camera.

Anyway,  according to the hisses, and the pressure systems blaring at me, the broken pipe was somewhere along the hallway to the mess hall from the main entrance to the ship. And, of the three pipes there, she had to break the most important one, of course. The cooling system, so the engines and the ship doesn't overheat.

Way to go Piper.

///

I walked into the hallway, ignoring the small camera sitting at the top of the wall. The others weren't very good at stealth.

Humming a small, flat tune to myself, I pulled out a few tools and started fixing the pipe, slowly. When I was done, I made my way to the mess hall, and waited until a few minutes later, when Piper came in with a victorious cry and waved the camera around.

Amateur.

She sat down excitedly, bouncing in her seat, and the others gathered around to watch the video that she had put onto Annabeth's laptop to enlarge the screen. From my point, I could see the whole thing.

I watched gobsmacked as the door opened, and I walked in. Pulling out a few tools, I fixed the pipe, and then walked out the same door.

"Huh? I don't see any cloaking device he could be using. In fact, I don't see anything at all! The door opened, the pipe fixed, and the door closed! What is this?!" Piper exclaimed, making me relax. Only I could see myself on the tape.

"No, Pipes, look. On the carpet. Pressure indentures, like someone was sitting there, and see, they move to and from the door when exiting and arriving. Something was there, and I do believe it was Leo" Jason said.

I decided to leave them to it, and quietly left the room. To my surprise, Percy followed me, and cornered me in my room.

"Leo, mate, you look like hell" Percy said.

"You can see me?"

"No, at least not when we talk face to face, but I did see you on the video tape, and I got the impression that Annabeth did too. I was thinking-"

"-careful, you might hurt yourself-"

"-that maybe Annabeth and I could see you cause we know exactly what's going on" Percy explained.

"Makes sense"

"Hmmm"

"So, do you think that they're going to plan anything else to try and get me caught? Think I can go the full week without getting caught?" I asked

"Yeah, they're probably going to plan something else, constant vigilance! And I reckon you might be able to, I mean, you're already up to...?"

"Day three, and both simultaneously loving and hating this."

"Dude, imagine all the pranks and stuff we can do with this when the war is over, back at camp" Percy grins

"Yeah, dude" I say, though I know I will most likely never make it back to camp to be able to play pranks with the Hermes kids and Percy, and scare a few of the new demigods.

A pat on the head startled me out of my thoughts.

"Ok dude, I'm going to go. I'll 'see' you later" Percy grinned at his little joke, and turned to leave.

"Wait, Perce, how did you know where I was standing?" I ask, a little stunned. Percy turned around again, and grinned. 

"Pressure points" he stated, pointing to my feet. "I was aiming for your shoulder, but, you know, I can't see you" he gave a little shrug, then left.

But for some reason I doubted him, and I suddenly had a very strong feeling that he and Annabeth could see me.

A/N 660 words! A longer chapter for me, usually they're around 500-550! :)