Chapter 5: When The Dead Come Knocking We're Made To Suffer

This chapter is the episode When The Dead Come Knocking and the next episode Made To Suffer. This is two episodes in one chapter. So I combined the episodes by renaming them When the Dead Come Knocking We're Made To Suffer. Pretty smart, huh? ^ပ^

I watched over the two we brought back from the tombs. I wanted to make sure that they weren't dead and since i couldn't get bit, I watched them. When the rest of the group came in, Rick was calling out for some supplies.

I got up and left Daryl with the two. I walked out to see rick holding a woman steady as they rushed in.

"What happened?!" I demanded as grabbed the baby from Beth so she could grab the things she was told.

They laid her down, "Gunshot." Amber informed me.

"She is not coming in the cell blocks. Get back in there and close the door." Rick told me as I went in and closed the door and watched from behind the bars.

Rick woke her up by splashing her with water, "Who are you?" The woman gasped as she became aware of her surroundings. "Hey, it's alright." He assured. She went to reach for her soward.

"No. We're not going to hurt you-" Ashe started.

"Unless you try something stupid first, alright?" 10K finished.

Faint groans came from the cell where Carol and Genaya were being held. Daryl motioned to me and called out for Rick.

I was the first to see that they were okay. "I'd give you guys hugs but i've got the baby." I beamed.

Addy was the first one to give them hugs before they received some from everyone else. Even from my dad, who wasn't big on hugs. I guess he was just happy that they weren't dead.

I motioned for Genaya to follow me as Carl gave me his set of keys. We went to Citizen Z's still locked cell and opened it. Well, she opened it, I still had the baby. I let them do their thing while I went back to Carol so she could actually see the baby.

When she actually caught a glimpse of the tiny human in my arms she wanted to know where Lori was. Rick just shook his head.

Before I could start crying again, I left to let Genaya see her too. I sat down with her and even let her hold the tiny thing.

"How long was I out?" Citizen Z asked.

I shrugged as I handed Genaya the baby, "Three, four days." The baby's head dropped, "Careful with her head Gen. You gotta hold her head up."

"Meeting." My dad banged the side of the cell door, "Gen, sit with the baby, Z, Lin, Let's go."

"I just woke up from a comatose state." Citizen Z started, "And you want me in a meeting."

My dad nodded, "Yes, it's important. Let's go."

We got up and met everyone at the stairs of C block.

"The woman informed us that Maggie and Glenn are in a place called Woodbury against their will" Rick informed the newcomers of the meeting.

"How do you know we can trust her?" the prisoner asked. For the life of me I could not remember his name.

"This is Maggie and Glenn. Why are we even debating?" Beth asked