Chapter 6: I Ain't A Judas

I woke up a couple hours ago. The people that were superstitious about my bite were gone. Rick, the woman, my dad, Addy and 10K were back. They said that the one prisoner was killed in saving them and Daryl met up with his brother and went off. Soon they ended up here.

The communication in my leg came back. It hurt like hell to walk on it, but I'd survive.

Everyone was gearing up to protect the prison from this guy who calls himself the Governor.

"We're not leaving." Rick told Hershel.

"We can't stay here."

"What if there's another sniper?" Maggie asked

"A wood pallet won't stop one of those rounds." 10K informed us.

"There was a sniper!? What i miss?" I asked.

"The Governor attacked us." Doc told me.

"We can't even go outside." Beth pointed out.

"Not in the daylight." Amber stated.

"Rick says we're not running, we're not running." Glenn argued.

The guy, whose name i learned was Merle, spoke up from the commons, "No, better to live like rats."

"You got a better idea?" my dad asked him.

"Yeah," He nodded, "we should have slid out of here last night and lived to fight another day. But we lost that window didn't we? I'm sure he's got scouts on every road out of this place by now."

"We ain't scared of that prick." Daryl told him.

"Y'all should be." Merle said, leaning against the bars, "That truck through the fence thing, that's just him ringing the doorbell. We might have some thick walls to hide behind, But he's got guns and the numbers."

"Great!" Ashe added sarcastically.

Merle continued, "And if he takes the high ground around this place, shoot, he could just starve us out if he wanted to."

"Let's put him in the other cell block." Addy turned to Rick.

"He's kinda creepy." Genaya added.

"No. He's got a point." Daryl pointed out.

"Yeah, he does." Citizen Z agreed.

"This is all you. You started this." Maggie went out on Merle.

"What difference whose fault it is? What do we do?" Beth asked anyone who was listening.

"I said we should leave." Hershel spoke up, Now Axel's dead."

"What!?" I broke in, "Somebody's catching me up later."

"We can't just sit here." Hershel conuted. Rick started to walk away after hearing everyone bitch. Hershel got up, "Get back here!" He yelled out to Rick.

Rick stopped as Hershel limped over to him, "You're slipping, Rick. We've all seen it. We understand why. But now is not a good time. You once said this isn't a democracy. Now you have to own up to that. I put my family's life in your hands. So get your head clear and do something."

Rick just walked out. Carl followed him out.

The baby started to fuss, "I got her." Citizen Z told everyone, "You, by the way." He pointed to me, "Owe me big time"

"He took Judith while you were out." Beth explained to me.

"Yeah, I owe him." I nodded, "Okay can you catch me up. Please."

Beth caught me up on the last four days, who was dead, who is alive.

Later Rick came in to tell Maggie it was her turn to take watch.

"The field is filled with walkers." He informed us as I looked up from my book. "Didn't see any snipers out there, but we'll keep Maggie on watch."

"I'll get up in the guard tower, Take out half them walkers, give these guys a chance to fix the fence." Daryl pointed to my dad and Ashe.

"Or use some of the cars to put the bus in place." Michonne suggested.

"That might work." Addy agreed.

"We can't access the field without burning through our bullets." Hershel pointed out.

"Actually," I cut in, "We might be able to."

No one listened to me, " So we're trapped in here. There's barely any food or ammo."

"Been here before. We'll be alright." Daryl said.

I got up and went to Ashe's perch. She standing there looking down on the small fight. "We need food. How can you help?"

"I'm immune and if I focus really hard I can controll small herds of walkers." I informed her.

Ashe nodded, "Three days. If they don't do anything in three days, I will take you out on a run for food."

"Thank you."

I went down the stairs and into Citizen Z cell. "Z, give me Judith."

He jumped awake, "What?"

I chuckled a bit, "Just give me the baby. You are about to be out for the rest of the day. Give me Judith"

He handed me the newborn and I walked out to make her a bottle.

I just sat down as part of the group rushed past me with a woman. None of them were hostile so I guessed that they knew her before.

I just hid with the rest of my group in the cells.

The woman stuck around for a while, she got around the rest of her group and then came to meet my group.

When she got around to me I was in my cell with a sleeping baby on my chest and Citizen Z. He was thanking me for letting him get some sleep.

"Shh! I just got her to sleep." I warned.

"Hi, I'm Andrea. I just wanted to meet Little Ass Kicker." She introduced herself.

"Oh, well I just got her to sleep. Sorry. I'm Lin." I used my nickname so just incase she knew who I was she wouldn't freak out.

"Nice to meet you, can I hold her?" She asked.

"Sure."

Andrea explained to me how she knew the group and how she got separated from them as well. We sat and talked for a while. But when it started to get dark she had to go.

After the baby got put down for the night everyone was hanging around the prison quietly. The only sound that could be heard was the flickering of the lamp.

Until beth started Singing.

Rick started up a talk with Hershel. I jumped in saying that I could be a good cover. So did Citizen Z and Genaya. They were gonna scout for food.

I Went to bed so i could be well rested for the run. As I layed down the dog jumped up onto the foot of by bed and kept my feet warm.

To be honest, with all the shit that's been going on, I forgot he was still alive.