Chapter 1 Marinettes POV

"Miraculous Ladybug!" I shouted as I returned Paris to it's previous state.

"Pound it" Chat noir and I said in symmetry. He smiled at me with his devilish glare that many girls would swoon to have shot at them. Not me. I don't see him as others do no matter how much he wants me to.

"You did great out there" he complimented as his ring beeped.

"Thanks, and no matter how much you would love to stay and chat you should really get out of here" I advised

"Probably" he laughed while brushing his hand through his blond hair "See you later my lady"

"I guess I should get going as well" I sighed to myself. I ran to a corner and changed back to my less exhilarating self.

I walked into my families bakery and found my way to my room. I sighed as I looked at my ladybug and cat noir dolls. Tiki popped out of my purse. "What's wrong Marinette?" She questioned.

"I wonder who he is?" I spoke, plopping down dramatically on my bed. "I mean... Do I know him? Is he secretly some guy who is obsessed with reptiles or bugs or something creepy?"

"Marinette" Tiki said like I was erratic.

"I'm serious! He could be a complete basket case and I would never know"

"Marinette you know that no one can know about what's behind the outfit! Not even him!" She elucidated.

"I know! I know!" I grumbled.

I know I can't tell Chat noir who I am and maybe Tiki is right. I can't tell him, it's too dangerous and beside if we do know each other he'd probably say "Wow Marinette is ladybug? Ugh now I can't work with her anymore! She's completely mental!". Okay maybe not that cruel, but he would probably put up a fight.

My mind was in the middle of a controversy when my ringing phone made me jump. I looked at the called ID and sighed "Hey Alya"

"Marinette! Come to the park now!" She said ecstatically.

"Can I ask why?"

"No just get here asap!" She exclaimed as I hung up.

"Well Tiki, I guess it's time to go to the park"

I rushed past my parents and went straight to the park. I found Alya suspiciously behind a bush.

"I hope there is an excellent explanation for this" I whispered behind her.

She jumped "Oh good, Marinette! Look!"

I looked in the direction she was looking in and saw Adrien sitting on a bench reading a book.

I facepalmed "Alya... I love you and all, but you didn't just bring me down here so that I could see Adrien read".

"No Marinette you don't understand!" She started while taking a dramatic pause, "This is an opportunity to talk to him!"

"No,no,no,no,no! You see I can't talk to him!" I declared "Literally I can't physically make words come out of my mouth!"

"Yes you can! Just go for it girl!" Alya smiled while pushing me out from behind the bush.

"I hope you know how much I hate you" I sneered while walking nervously to Adrien.

He glanced up and smiled as I walked closer "Hey Marinette"

"H-hi Adrien... I love y-that book you're reading" I stuttered like an imbecile.

"Oh... You've read it?" He asked curiously.

I laughed "A long time ago you... I mean I did".

I lied. I never read that book. I was in too deep and I couldn't back out now. This was all Alya's fault. If she didn't pushed me over here to have me face my merciless ending.

"I like it, but the whole twist in the middle threw me off"

"Yeah I t-totally didn't see it coming" I nervously stammered. What if he made the twist thing up to see if I was lying? I'm over! That was my chance to actually have a conversation, but now he thinks I'm a lying slug!

My thoughts were interrupted by Alya walking up to us casually "Hey guys! Marinette I didn't know you were at the park".

I laughed nervously "Yeah I was on the way home and I thought I would stop by".

"So Adrien what are you doing here?" She questioned a little more intimidatingly than she meant.

His eyes had a quick spark of fear, but it soon vanished "I'm just reading. I do whatever I can do to get out".

"Hey Marinette do you want to get something to eat?" She asked me.

I shrugged "Sure"

She turned to Adrien "You want to come?". At that moment I was internally yelling at Alya. This was going to be an absolute disaster!

"Sure, Can Nino come?" He asked and Alya immediately nodded. I guess we both got something out of this, but then it hit me so hard. He said sure! Who knew that one syllable could ruin my life. Sure. I wanted to be happy about it, but I knew I was going to take every opportunity to mess it up.

"Great let's go!" She smiled as we started walking. We finally arrived at a good pizza place close to the Eiffel Tower. Nino met us there and at first we all had good conversations, but Nino and Alya started going into their own conversation.

Adrien laughed "Well they sure are in their own world"

"Ya, if there was an earthquake they wouldn't know".

He laughed again "Ya"

After that we talked about random small talk that I completely made a fool of myself, but it was completely awesome!

~~~~~~

Yo guys! I'm back at it again with a new book and I hope it's consistent but if it's not please don't attack me! If you like it give it a big star and tell me what you think!

Thank you

-Hayley