back

As the next day came Seungcheol helped Chan get ready even though Chan kept protesting that he needed no help. "I want you to have a good day at school, okay?" Seungcheol asks, putting both of his hands on either side of Chan's shoulders. 

Chan sighed, asking "how can I possibly have a good day ignoring my friends the whole time?" 

"Just go on your phone and text me, I'll have all the time in the world to reply to you" Seungcheol explains in a confident smile. 

"What about your own friends, won't they distract you?" Chan asks, sounding uncertain about Seungcheol's confidence. 

Seungcheol looked down and thought to himself while sighing. He hadn't told Chan about his friends leaving him because of their age gap. He wasn't planning on telling him either. He was just thinking of an excuse to tell Chan why his friends left him without saying it had to do with their relationship. 

"Don't worry about it Chan, do you not trust me?" Seungcheol asks, quickly putting on a smile and Chan sighed once again. 

"I guess..." Chan says in a low tone, looking at the ground.

"Then head off to school, you're going to be late!" Seungcheol says, pushing Chan to the door.

" What about you, you're going to be late if you don't leave soon too?" Chan asks, looking back at Seungcheol as he was pushing him towards the door. 

"I'll leave in two seconds, you have to leave first! I don't want you to be late, you've already missed so many school days. Now go!" Seungcheol says in a chuckle, kissing Chan on the lips and Chan smiled. 

"Okay, I'm leaving now Mr.Persistent" Chan says in a chuckle, now leaving his house, closing the front door behind him. 

Seungcheol let out a big breath of air as Chan finally left the house and looked down. He honestly didn't know what to do about Chan. He couldn't bring him to a psychiatrist and he couldn't tell Chan face to face that he's imagining such things because he had already told him that he believed him. 

All Seungcheol could do was wait and see how things would end up as he got ready for school.

Once Chan got to school he felt like everyone was staring at him but he tried ignoring everyone like how Seungcheol told him to. 

He sat down at his desk quietly and looked down at his phone, hoping for Seungcheol to text him first asking if he got to school okay, but he didn't. Chan waited for a while but in the middle of waiting, someone approached Chan in front of his desk. 

As Chan looked up to see who it was, he wasn't too pleased to see it was Seungkwan and Hansol. 

"H-Hey guys..." Chan says, not wanting to talk to them so everything he said to them came out as a stutter.

"What's up with you Chan, are you purposely ignoring us?" Seungkwan asks, putting both hands on his hips, waiting for an answer. 

Chan looked down at his wooden desk so he didn't have to look his two friends in the eyes and he said nothing. "It's okay if you tell us you need space Chan, we'll completely allow that...just don't ignore us without telling us why" Hansol asks and Chan continued to say nothing. 

"He's not going to talk to us, why bother trying to talk to him" Seungkwan says in a groan, turning around and walking away from Chan's desk. 

Hansol watched Seungkwan walk away and sighed to himself. He then turned his head to Chan and says "when you want to talk, we'll always be here." Before turning around and walking away. 

Chan watched Hansol walk away and felt a bit sad. He didn't want to lose his friends, but his mind was making him think that they were picking on him. 

With Seungcheol he finally got to school and pulled out his phone, texting Chan saying 'hey.' 

Chan didn't reply right away so Seungcheol put his phone in his pocket and made his way to class, sitting down in his desk.

Since Joshua's desk was right next to Seungcheol's, Jeonghan was with Joshua so it made things very awkward. 

Jun came to Seungcheol once Seungcheol sat down and had a confused expression on his face. He pulled out a notepad and wrote down "what was up with Chan yesterday, he hit my boyfriend!" 

As Seungcheol read what Jun wrote, he looked up at Jun's face and saw that Jun had an angry expression on. Seungcheol didn't want Jun hating Chan for something Chan couldn't take control over. He turned his head to look at Joshua and Jeonghan who were obviously glaring at him...or Jeonghan was. 

Seungcheol then answers "I'll tell you later, I don't think I should be telling you here" Seungcheol says, loud enough for the others to hear and Jun nodded meaning okay. 

Jun then took the notepad back and wrote down "he  better have a good reason." 

"Oh, he does" Seungcheol answered and Jun believed him. 

When the end of the day came around Seungcheol messaged Chan saying he'd be home a bit late because he was helping Jun with his Korean at the library and Chan said it was no problem. 

Chan was walking home first and he'd knew he'd be alone for a while because his older brother told him at school that he would be going over to his friends place to play video games. 

Chan was wondering what he'd do at home all alone where he had the couple of hours to himself. As he walked up the driveway and to the front of his house, he realized his front door wasn't fully closed and got scared.

"Seungcheol doesn't know how to shut a door and lock it?! Someone could have came in and stole something!" Chan thought to himself, hurrying inside and closing the door. 

Once Chan locked the door he turned around and was taking off his shoes when he hard a noise coming from the kitchen and his heart started to thump loudly. "S-Someone's inside the house?!" Chan thought to himself in fear. 

Chan slowly walked to the kitchen, prepared to hit whoever was in there with his school bag, but once he turned the corner he was surprised to see that person was his dad. 

"D-Dad?!" Chan says in shock, looking at him with wide eyes and he started to shake. 

"Hey Channie, I still had a house key from when your mother gave it to me so I let myself in if you don't mind." He says in a smile, opening the fridge and looking at what they had to eat inside it. 

"W-Why're you here?" Chan asks, still stuttering. He felt like his feet were sinking into the ground like quicksand. He couldn't move his legs even if he wanted too. 

Chan's father sighed, bringing his head away from the fridge when he realized they had nothing to his liking and closed it. He then took a good look at Chan and asks "hey...why don't you go and get changed?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys I told you Chan's father would come back at on point, you'll have to see if Seungcheol meets him this time or not though. Thank you for reading, and BY THE WAY! I just posted a new chancheol fan fiction which is called "brotherly love" you can probably take a wild guess what that one's about. Check it out if you want! Thank you for reading this though, it means a lot~